News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Scott Warren

Ranking the par 3s at Barnbougle
« on: December 12, 2017, 04:44:14 AM »
There’s been some debate today among a small group I’m in that takes an annual trip to Barnbougle.

One of the boys has what we reckon is a fairly unique view of the respective merits of the one-shotters.

Without putting them in a 1-8 order (leave Lost Farm’s 13a & 18a out), I’m keen to hear everyone’s top three and bottom three.

To get the ball rolling, I would say:
Top 3: BD7, LF4, LF6.
Bot 3: BD16, LF17, LF15.

It’s an incredibly hard exercise to select the final entry for the top 3 and the one that’s unlucky to fall into the bottom 3.

David_Elvins

Re: Ranking the par 3s at Barnbougle
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 06:31:08 AM »
I wouldnt have Lost Farm 4 anywhere near the top 3 and only slightly ahead of your bottom 3.

7, 5, and 13 at Barnbougle would be my top 3.  Same bottom 3 as you. 
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Rob Clisdell

Re: Ranking the par 3s at Barnbougle
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 06:37:39 AM »
Good, and tough, question.

I'd put BD#7 as the standout. Just an astonishingly good golf hole in any conditions and comes at the perfect time in the round when you're either trying to keep a good start going or steady the ship from a wobbly start. This has wrecked my card more times than I care to remember.

I'd put BD#5 in my top 3. The sight of playing out long and left and watching the slope bring the ball in ever closer to the pin is just so much fun. Coupled with the walk along the clifftop to reach the tee it's just otherworldly.

LF#6 would round out my top 3 although the green on BD#13 is possible my favourite green on the planet.

Ranking a bottom 3 is unfair as there is not even close to being a weak hole in there, but I'd go with LF#6 (I think the green is a little too narrow to consistently hold given the length of the tee shot), LF#17 (just a fraction too difficult that late in the round) and BD#16 (by process of elimination only).

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back