GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

Phoenix golf news...Club West GC ( Whitcomb/K. Kavanuagh, 1993 )ANOTHER UPDATE

(1/4) > >>

Steve_ Shaffer:
Course has been dormant and not maintained by current owner.

A group of private investors and a Native American marketing organization with a nationwide network of golf courses have bought Club West Golf Course, apparently ending the uncertainty surrounding its future as a duffer’s destination.
The ownership group includes the Inter Tribal Golf Association, which offers “seasonal reciprocity” memberships that allow members to golf at any one of 110 courses owned by 63 tribes across the country.
http://www.ahwatukee.com/news/article_ec50ebc8-b394-11e7-8955-07bc3453b116.html

Mark Smolens:
$2 million to purchase a golf course? Wow that seems low. Tho I guess if you've got to pay 700k to water the course you'll have a problem keeping the doors open.

Matthew Petersen:
Club West is by no means a great course. It's not even especially good for desert golf. But it was previously a fun spot with a handful of good holes, good rates, and perfectly adequate golf. It's a shame the state the course was allowed to fall into. I last played there in spring of 2016 and not only was the grass essentially dead (they were painting the greens, which were as much dirt as grass) the cart paths and all other amenities had fallen into extreme disrepair. It will be a massive undertaking to get this course back into playable shape.

Dave Givnish:
That course is a throw back to the crazy golf days of the mid-90's in Phoenix. I remember that the fairways, tees, and roughs were sodded in order to get it open more quickly. They didn't have the big sod rolls that are available today. We watched the crews about 10 guys per truck - 3 on the truck throwing down rolls and the other guys laying it as fast as they could.

Steve_ Shaffer:
Course closed. Deal went south...

http://www.ahwatukee.com/news/article_5abc21f6-2c97-11e8-acdc-7760e0b40f91.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version