News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Lester George

Re: Updated Ballyhack photos 22Dec2008
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2009, 04:47:33 PM »
Gentlemen,

I just received this form our Director of Golf Jonathan Ireland.  It will answer many questions some of you have asked.  I can not go into detail here, but Ballyhack may be the FIRST national destination club to offer an INCENTIVE to members of GCA to join.  More about that later.

We are excited to announce that Ballyhack will be opening for play June 26, 2009.  We are also looking forward to the potential for a soft opening event around June 1st, with a special Invitational Event hosted by Virginia Tech Head Football Coach, and part of the Ballyhack Development Team, Frank Beamer.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<JONATHAN WRITES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Many of you, I know, have been following closely as Lester George and other GCA members have posted update photos of this phenomenal golf course and also through our website at www.ballyhackgolfclub.com, and your interest and enthusiasm is greatly appreciated.

I wanted to take the opportunity to share with you a little more about the vision of the Club itself as well as the membership opportunities that Ballyhack provides.  Ballyhack is bringing the true destination golf experience to the East Coast.  Designed by Lester George and built by Landscapes Unlimited, the course was designed with many characteristics of a links-style course in mind; the course itself is primarily open and the property is breezy by nature.  Club amenities will be well-appointed with an understated feel to provide a comfortable setting for our members and their guests and will include cottages for overnight stays along with the clubhouse.  As Lester George has mentioned, the course stretches to 7,300 yards from “the tips” and includes a minimum of four tees per hole.  The vastness of each hole ensures players of all skill levels enjoy themselves, while the course and the terrain demand precise shots from better players in order to score.

The Club will be comprised of 300 total members.  Located in Southwest Virginia, with the Roanoke Valley and Smith Mountain Lake nearby, Ballyhack is also within approximately a 4 hour drive from a number of major metropolitan areas including Washington, DC and Raleigh, NC.  An opportunity is included in the Plan for up to 60 members from within the Roanoke and Smith Mountain Lake area to enjoy some of the finest golf on the East Coast.  The remaining 240 members will hail from across the country, visiting on a special golf getaway or for business entertainment.

Currently, Ballyhack is offering National Memberships at a deposit fee of $15,000.  Annual dues for National Members are set at $2,500, and the membership includes privileges for a member, spouse, and children college age or younger.  Corporate memberships are available, structured for use by several designees, and are priced at a similar value.

The golf course is truly phenomenal and, I believe, has far surpassed everyone’s expectations.  We are excited to open for play and hope that each of you will make arrangements to visit this unique golf club and allow us to provide a genuinely special golfing experience.  Thank you.

Jonathan Ireland

Thomas Patterson

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2009, 06:03:45 PM »
Great news Lester and a very informative post.  I'm very curious to see Ballyhack in person, even though I'm thousands of miles away in Colorado! 

Cheers

TJ

TEPaul

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2009, 07:04:33 PM »
Guys, I'm going down to Ballyhack tomorrow. Is there anything I can do or steal down there for any of youse guys?

Lester doesn't know it yet but I'm so pumped over these threads that indicate that CBM somehow routed and designed Merion East in a single day, I might reroute and redesign Ballyhack by the end of the day tomorrow.

Well, since the post above says the course is almost grassed in and should open in June maybe I can't reroute and redesign it in a single day but I sure as shootin' might resequence the routing tomorrow.

Lester, if you have scorecards made up at this point just throw them all out because I'ma gonna be thar insida 20 hours.

But seriously, guess what I'm going to learn to do in the next two days? I'm gonna learn how to really read a contour map.   ;)

In reality I have about as much chance of learning that properly as Charles Barkley has of learning to hit a golf ball properly, at this point.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 07:08:12 PM by TEPaul »

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2018, 07:35:23 PM »
Scott Weersing sent me this link to the evolution of Ballyhack. It is pretty interesting stuff.

This is a link to a photo tour I did.

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,59848.0.html
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back