News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Phil McDade

Re: What would you choose as your walk up song?
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2017, 04:16:04 PM »

Jay Mickle

« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2017, 06:32:58 PM »
Glory Days (The Boss) and Down on the Corner (CCR) for my range walkup takes me back to a time when I could turn with out stiffness. Actually helps.

@MickleStix on Instagram
MickleStix.com

Carl Johnson

« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2017, 07:00:35 PM »
Tom Watson (the famous golfer) once suggested this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bL2BCiFkTk

BCowan

« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2017, 06:11:50 AM »
Althea by the Grateful Dead- I’ve actually hummed this to myself to focus on a relaxed tempo, also gets bonus points for being Al Franken’s favorite Dead song.

Great selection.  Which version, original, Russo, Co's?  I'd have to go w Russo, he took it to another level.  There would be no Co without Althea, due it being Mayors favorite one too.

Matt MacIver

« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2017, 06:45:29 AM »
If I need to slow down - Patience by GNR (the whistling part).

If I'm jazzed up - Welcome to the Jungle.

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2017, 08:45:36 AM »
The chorus from "The Gambler".

Which, btw, was written by a high school classmate and close friend, Don Schlitz, who goes into the Country Music HoF next month.  He's had an incredible career, and now in his semi-retirement has become something of a golf addict.

Sorry for the name drop (not really!) but "time enough for counting when the dealings done" is the ONLY way to play sports to the best of your ability.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

John Kirk

« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2017, 12:07:08 PM »

Which, btw, was written by a high school classmate and close friend, Don Schlitz, who goes into the Country Music HoF next month.  He's had an incredible career, and now in his semi-retirement has become something of a golf addict.

Sorry for the name drop (not really!) but "time enough for counting when the dealings done" is the ONLY way to play sports to the best of your ability.

Off topic...

Mr. Schlitz is co-writer of six songs in my iTunes library.  I just checked.

With respect to "Althea", Mr. Franken singled out the "Go To Nassau" performance from 1980 is his favorite n the recent Netflix documentary.  And since he is so passionate about it, that's probably the right one.

Greg Smith

« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2017, 12:55:04 PM »
Chopin's "Revolutionary" etude, op. 10, no, 12.   Don't laugh -- the first few bars are epic.
O fools!  who drudge from morn til night
And dream your way of life is wise,
Come hither!  prove a happier plight,
The golfer lives in Paradise!                      

John Somerville, The Ballade of the Links at Rye (1898)

Jason Thurman

« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2017, 01:18:09 PM »
Hit Em Up. Obviously.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2017, 09:23:30 AM »

John,
Go to Don's website and look at his complete list of songs if you haven't already.  Incredible career, and you might even have more than you realize if you are country music listener.
Off topic...

Mr. Schlitz is co-writer of six songs in my iTunes library.  I just checked.

With respect to "Althea", Mr. Franken singled out the "Go To Nassau" performance from 1980 is his favorite n the recent Netflix documentary.  And since he is so passionate about it, that's probably the right one.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Jason Topp

« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2017, 10:01:43 AM »
I would go with "Cocky" by Kid Rock but only the instrumental at the beginning.  I would not want the lyrics, only the concept.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back