News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tony_Muldoon

Re: Buda Cup - 2017 - Rye GC & Littlestone GC --- FULL ---
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2017, 09:53:13 AM »

Don’t be late for Littlestone tomorrow, 9am sharp- it takes an hour by car.
Let the fun begin.

Not an hour - about half that. It's only 10 miles, Rye - Brenzett - New Romney - Littlestone. Don't leave your jackets at your hotel. Breaking news - the weather is as good as it's been in weeks.

Don't be fooled by this GB&I team. 52 mins according to Google and the Club is well hidden in a small town

(PS its on the LHS behind the high st - not actually on the seafront.)

It wil take more than these  cunning tactics to fluster us!!!!!
Let's make GCA grate again!

Garland Bayley

« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2017, 12:37:23 PM »
So who is in possession of the cup?
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Steve Wilson

« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2017, 05:20:17 PM »
You know Garland I was there and even I don't know. Perhaps it's best we don't know lest someone have to kill us.  All I know for certain is we all drank Spitfire Ale from the Cup.
Some days you play golf, some days you find things.

I'm not really registered, but I couldn't find a symbol for certifiable.

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2017, 05:31:36 PM »
You know Garland I was there and even I don't know. Perhaps it's best we don't know lest someone have to kill us.  All I know for certain is we all drank Spitfire Ale from the Cup.

You know it's funny but I can't recall either.  However I do believe one team "crushed" the other, the first time a side was actually 'lapped'. So huge congrats to the winning team, if only I knew who you were.
Let's make GCA grate again!

David McIntosh

« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2017, 04:14:06 AM »
Irrespective of the score, I wanted to say a big thank you to Craig Disher for organising this year's BUDA and hosting us at his wonderful clubs, not to mention also arranging all of the catering for us!

It was great to see everyone, many of whom I met for the first time, and I think it is safe to say that a great time was had by all involved.

Looking forward to the 2018 instalment already.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 04:15:51 AM by David McIntosh »

mike_malone

« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2017, 06:56:56 AM »
 I could focus on David McIntosh's lack of respect for his elders based on the lashing he gave me in the singles but I saw someone about to teach respect for the game to a new golfer soon.

I roughly figured the whole trip of 205 holes in 8 days of golf cost about $2500. That includes the 10p I won from Tony Muldoon. This was only possible because of the memberships and connections of the Pests with Craig being the chief Pest this year.

If it's Scotland next year Jack Weiner will drag me along.

AKA Mayday

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back