News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Hendren

Re: OT: Who's traveling where and when?
« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2018, 06:35:15 PM »
I'll be in Houston Tuesday March 6th if anyone wants to play. Or if you prefer to show up downtown and have some drinks that is fine too. I'm looking to get hosted or toasted.

Excess whore.
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2019, 01:35:19 AM »

Back to Australia for the fourth, and final, time - Three golf plus an R&R from Viet Nam.  Going as a single, so there is room to join a person relegated to a medical cart and playing it forward. I hope yesterday's 109 in Melbourne was an aberration.

Mon Feb 10  Ocean Dunes              1:30
Tue  Feb 11  Cape Wickham            10:20
Thu Feb  13  Barnbougle Dunes      11:00
Fri   Feb  14  Lost Farms                  unsure probably around 8
Sat  Feb  15  National Gunnamatta  1:30

Sun Feb  16  Peninsula North           1:00
Mon Feb 17  Peninsula South          10:25
Tue Feb  18  St Andrews Beach       8:00
Wed Feb 19  Woodlands                  1:00

Thu Feb 20   RACV: Healesville     10:00
If time permits meeting locals would be a nice bonus. I should touch bases with Paul Daley at some point. Will be in CBD for a couple of days before King Island and Barnbougle, then staying on the peninsula 14 & 15, at Peninsula 16& 17 then to the CBD late on the 18th. Flying out on the 22nd.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 07:06:58 PM by Pete_Pittock »

archie_struthers

« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2019, 07:17:26 AM »
 8)

I'm hoping to sneak down to FLA in February and hang out with some golf buddies and beer drinkers. I laughed a couple months ago when we were paying our tab at a locale pub and my friends tab was $43 and mine was $15. It was really funny as he was drinking the craft beers and I was drinking the Budweiser that's typically on sale. It also was the first day I remember actually having separate bills as custom is to just throw cash on the bar. He laughed and said I've been robbing you pretty good all summer.  ;D

So I've promised a friend to visit the West Coast of FLA and play Fort Myers CC with him, as its intrigued him for years and I've never seen it. Surely can swing by the Hideout as there is always a good game there if you can find a member friend to take you! Might take a peek at Calusa Pines if able as my day here at the Jersey Shore with Dana Fry was really fun. He was a gracious host and was quite interested in my thoughts on the job they are doing for the Union League here in my backyard. We talked SJ weather, scale and all about the soils he is working with on site and it was really fun for me . Thanks again Dana!

Gotta take a swing by Streamsong and see the Black course that Gil Hanse built as I've seen the others and then off to the East Coast and my old stomping grounds centered around the Nomad Surf Shop. Anyone who knows that particular spot would likely find me close by! Just a forewarning to my friends in the area if they want to hang a "gone fishing" sign at their club/house at this point in time LOL!

JESII

« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2019, 03:32:18 PM »
Now that’s a trip I’d love to join...

Matthew Rose

« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2019, 10:22:18 AM »
I just moved back to Aus at the end of September and have not had much success finding playing partners yet - feel free to reach out if you are visiting. I don't belong to any clubs but I do have plans to make my way around some of the finer public access facilities in the greater Melbourne and Geelong areas at some point.

American-Australian. Trackman Course Guy. Fatalistic sports fan. Drummer. Bass player. Father. Cat lover.

Noah Weinberger

« Reply #105 on: December 25, 2019, 01:45:03 AM »
I'm in New Zealand for the next few weeks. Staying very close to Paraparaumu Beach Golf Club where I've already logged a few rounds - My first ever authentic links golf experience, What a course!  I'll be checking out Royal Wellington this weekend and planning on doing some traveling through the North Island after New Year's.

I'll be visiting Melbourne for a few weeks before returning back to the States. Pete, would be happy to join you at Peninsula and StAB, am 90% sure I'll be there Feb 16-18.

If anyone is in New Zealand through January or around Melbourne through February please reach out as I'd love to play a round with any of you. Email is noahpweinberger@gmail.com

Brian Bowman

« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2019, 10:57:56 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,

I am going to be traveling to Southern California from January 3rd to the 14th. I will be playing lots of golf with my uncle, but he does have a day job haha. Hopefully some GCA folks would want to get together for a game.

I do already have a few booked:
January 4th - PGA West
January 6th- Riviera
January 8th- Virginia County Club
January 9th- Shady Canyon
January 11th- Big Horn

I am a PGA Professional, and not looking for access. However, if anyone would like to get together for a game in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, or the desert on the other days not listed, please let me know! I have lurked in this community for years, and met lots of great people, and would love to meet more!

Feel free to shoot me a PM.

-Brian Bowman

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2020, 07:13:46 PM »
Back to Australia for the fourth, and final, time - Three golf plus an R&R from Viet Nam.  Going as a single, so there is room to join a person relegated to a medical cart and playing it forward. I hope yesterday's 109 in Melbourne was an aberration.

Will be in CBD for a couple of days before King Island and Barnbougle, then staying on the peninsula 14 & 15, at Peninsula 16& 17 then to the CBD late on the 18th. Flying out on the 22nd.

There have been a couple of changes to my itinerary, and those have been integrated into the above.
        If you want to meet up for a round, please contact the golf course and see if they have an opening. The exception is National-Gunnamatta, where I am being hosted - please PM me for that.
        For drinks, meals I have included areas where I am staying.

David_Tepper

« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2020, 08:16:47 PM »
I will be in Dornoch May 8 to June 1. I am always happy to meet up with GCA-ers (or lurkers ;) ) who are passing thru.

GCA-ers can message me here. Lurkers can email me at tcmnav@aol.com

Rick Shefchik

« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2020, 03:06:13 PM »
My wife and I are making our first visit to Cabo San Lucas from Feb. 9-24. The only golf we have lined up is a noon round on Sat., Feb. 15 at Diamante Dunes (complete with, what I'm told is, a low-pressure time-share pitch.) Despite the elimination of three beach holes, Cabo del Sol Ocean appears to be booked solid during the time we'll be there. We'll look around for other opportunities to play.
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

MClutterbuck

« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2020, 03:27:26 PM »
My wife and I are making our first visit to Cabo San Lucas from Feb. 9-24. The only golf we have lined up is a noon round on Sat., Feb. 15 at Diamante Dunes (complete with, what I'm told is, a low-pressure time-share pitch.) Despite the elimination of three beach holes, Cabo del Sol Ocean appears to be booked solid during the time we'll be there. We'll look around for other opportunities to play.

"Low Pressure". Good luck with that. Friend said it was one of the worst experiences of his life, even though he loved the course and made his first hole in 1. He was so angry he sent them a 2 page letter after...

Tom_Doak

« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2020, 04:41:43 PM »

Will be in CBD for a couple of days before King Island and Barnbougle, then staying on the peninsula 14 & 15, at Peninsula 16& 17 then to the CBD late on the 18th. Flying out on the 22nd.

Pete:

As it turns out, I'm going to be a few days behind you, with a big group of people down for the Renaissance Cup.  We hadn't set a date when I helped you make your connections.  Sorry to miss you there -- and be careful where you take the cart, because I'll notice!   ;)

Tim_Weiman

« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2020, 05:22:20 PM »
Good Morning Everyone,

I am going to be traveling to Southern California from January 3rd to the 14th. I will be playing lots of golf with my uncle, but he does have a day job haha. Hopefully some GCA folks would want to get together for a game.

I do already have a few booked:
January 4th - PGA West
January 6th- Riviera
January 8th- Virginia County Club
January 9th- Shady Canyon
January 11th- Big Horn

I am a PGA Professional, and not looking for access. However, if anyone would like to get together for a game in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, or the desert on the other days not listed, please let me know! I have lurked in this community for years, and met lots of great people, and would love to meet more!

Feel free to shoot me a PM.

-Brian Bowman
Brian,

I don’t recall anyone ever mentioning Virginia Country Club, a course I played a few times when I lived in Long Beach. Not a great piece of land, if I recall correctly, but it does have a fun drop shot Par 3.

My favorite property in that area is Rec Park, which has quite a few shots that are fun to play. But, this muni is usually a pace of play nightmare, at least for the first five holes.

One of my greatest treats was playing Rec Park with Tommy Naccarato. Despite all the times I played the course, Tommy made me feel like I must have been blind.
Tim Weiman

Jason Hines

« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2020, 02:01:08 PM »
In lot's of places before this, but first golf chance will be in Dallas - Fort Worth Easter weekend and free for golf the 10th - 11th.  No issues with access so up for anything.

Last year went without my clubs and regretted it as the weather was perfect.

Jeff Schley

« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2020, 02:24:28 PM »
I will be in Dornoch May 8 to June 1. I am always happy to meet up with GCA-ers (or lurkers ;) ) who are passing thru.

GCA-ers can message me here. Lurkers can email me at tcmnav@aol.com
DT,
I may be in Dornoch the end of May and will let you know when I figure it out. 
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Aaron Hanson

« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2020, 02:40:13 PM »
If anyone is going to be in the Palm Springs area Feb 22-29, I'll be in La Quinta and would love to meet up and play with others. I'm game to play anywhere, but I've also booked a few early tee times during the week at various PGA West courses, likely going out as a single.

Jonathan Mallard

« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2020, 03:05:24 PM »
I'll be in Ireland July 2 -> 21st.

I'll have my clubs and will play a couple of rounds, but the main point of the trip will be to honeymoon with my wife.

We'll be staying in various parts of the island. So far, the only item nailed down is a trip to Skellig Michael.

I've gotten a few suggestions for items off the beaten path. If you have thoughts, please send them to me via PM.

Jonathan

Dan_Callahan

« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2020, 03:46:06 PM »
I'll be in Hilton Head at the end of March, and then in Ireland (Donegal, mostly) in late July. Then either southeast Ireland or Scotland in November.

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2020, 11:42:20 AM »
First time visit to Mexico.  Will be hangin' in Tullum, Nr Cancun 19th - 24th of April.  Will consider a meet up but have no plans to pack golf shoes - at present.

Then time spent golfing around Dornoch in June approx dates 11th to 17th,

Please IM if interested.

Happy holidays!
Let's make GCA grate again!

Jason Topp

« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2020, 03:11:07 PM »
First time visit to Mexico.  Will be hangin' in Tullum, Nr Cancun 19th - 24th of April.  Will consider a meet up but have no plans to pack golf shoes - at present.

Then time spent golfing around Dornoch in June approx dates 11th to 17th,

Please IM if interested.

Happy holidays!

Spend a day at the beach in Akumal.  One of my favorite trips was spending a week there with very small children.  That was some time ago - they had just gotten telephone lines.

Andy Shulman

« Reply #120 on: February 02, 2020, 01:27:46 AM »
I'll be in the Netherlands April 23 - May 1 with time for two rounds and in Northern MI-Upper Peninsula the week leading up to Labor Day.  Planning to play Belvedere and Marquette Greywalls based on comments I've read on GCA.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back