News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark_Rowlinson

Re: BUDE & N CORNWALL GC: Don't Blink!
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2018, 09:08:43 AM »
When I visited West Cornwall to photograph it I was advised by the secretary to wear a safety helmet, which I did. But I enjoyed playing it, and, on reflection, I don't think there were many people out, so didn't feel threatened.

David Davis

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2018, 03:49:36 PM »
I actually did play West Cornwall. I loved it and would put it personally above Bude & N Cornwall. I won't disagree with Garland's comment about there being some serious danger with regards to stray balls. I'd say the worst part would starting at the 3rd I think it was. A blind shot along the church and graveyard with the other fairway running right into you almost. To me that was a potentially dangerous stretch.

I will add I played at 7 am and was trying to cram in a quick visit on a 54 hole day. I'll add the course was in sublime condition and a nice walk. To give an indication how nice, I made my 9 am tee time at Perranporth. (a 30 min drive).

West Cornwall was the surprise of my trip for sure.

But no, I didn't find it better than Perranporth for the record. It's short quirky, old school, graveyard fun. How many courses have you every played that play along an ancient graveyard and in such a cool setting. Ballybunion Old is the only other one that I can think of.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 03:51:38 PM by David Davis »
Sharing the greatest experiences in golf.

IG: @top100golftraveler
www.lockharttravelclub.com

Sean_A

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2018, 05:50:21 PM »
David

I agree, Perranporth is the pick of itself, West Cornwall and Bude.  But I am in the camp of P'porth being far better than folks usually say.  If TOC takes 25 games to get a grip, then P'porth takes 50.  Whats good for the goose is good for the gander!

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Dunfanaghy, Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2019, 12:22:54 PM »
I thought Bude was a charmer....

... At this point in time, I think it may have a better set of holes than Parrenporth.

Will return later to expand.

Ally

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back