News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ben Sims

Mix and match hole concepts
« on: August 21, 2022, 04:43:31 PM »
I’m choosing the redan green with a long par 4. I think it makes a terrific half par concept just like its par three namesake. Have you ever thought of combining different concepts from holes you like?

Thomas Dai

Re: Mix and match hole concepts
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2022, 04:54:30 PM »
Mike Clayton on Twitter does examples of ‘holes that aren’t holes’ ie play from the tee on hole to a green on another hole.
I’ve been pondering 2nd tee at TOC to 17th green. Across the burn, over or to either side of the bunker and with the road behind. Might be cool.
Atb

Tom_Doak

Re: Mix and match hole concepts
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2022, 06:22:01 PM »
I’m choosing the redan green with a long par 4. I think it makes a terrific half par concept just like its par three namesake. Have you ever thought of combining different concepts from holes you like?

One of my favorite holes at The Loop is 14 Black - a long par-4 playing up into the back of a Redan green.  If you miss long left you get the “back of the Redan” recovery.  In all the commentary on Thr Loop I don’t remember anyone pointing out where that hole came from, but I had been thinking about it for years as a piece of a reversible course.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back