News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Garland Bayley

"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Steve_Lovett

Re: Course recognition test
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 01:16:08 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/a7267982-ca93-37c6-99c5-d8d0db58d0dd/ss_only-serious-golf-nerds-will.html

Reminds me of the old AOTD (Aerial Of The Day) thread from years ago on this site. I suspect there are golf nerds aplenty who will find this quiz to be remedial work.

-S

Brett Hochstein

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 02:09:43 PM »
Yep this was pretty easy, especially with clues.  I also really like aerials though and keep my face glued to the airplane window whenever flying.  Not that you are always flying over world class golf courses, but the interest in that viewpoint is there, i.e. too much time spent messing around on google maps/earth.
"From now on, ask yourself, after every round, if you have more energy than before you began.  'Tis much more important than the score, Michael, much more important than the score."     --John Stark - 'To the Linksland'

http://www.hochsteindesign.com

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 08:04:44 PM »
One wrong. Missed it because of the clue.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Ian Mackenzie

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 08:59:41 PM »
Really easy. I did it while on a conference call and returning emails..... ;D

Garland Bayley

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 01:26:43 AM »
I easily got 10, but I didn't know who got the 2024 Ryder Cup and my eye was never drawn to the upper right of the aerial on the bonus, and didn't get it in the short time I allotted myself. Had I looked there, it was obvious.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Bob Montle

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 02:46:05 PM »
Tougher than I thought.
I missed both the Irish courses.
"If you're the swearing type, golf will give you plenty to swear about.  If you're the type to get down on yourself, you'll have ample opportunities to get depressed.  If you like to stop and smell the roses, here's your chance.  Golf never judges; it just brings out who you are."

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back