News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Scott Weersing

Re: Some Trinity Forest (Dallas, TX) Pics
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 11:08:32 AM »

Randy Thompson

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 10:09:35 PM »

Here is a good story about building Trinity Forest.

http://www.pgatour.com/long-form/2017/05/16/early-look-trinity-forest-att-byron-nelson.html?utm_source=Subscribers&utm_campaign=6f3114e867-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_05_17&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_28a08c87c2-6f3114e867-149920293

I wonder if the pros will like it. I would expect yes, because it is better than TPC Colinas.
Not the biggest shoes in the world to fill when comparing to TPC Las Colinas. I can`t wait to see it. Also anxious to see what the pro`s will say, will they be harsh? I expect it to play different then your normal tour stop. It seems like Sand Hills was an incredible property and that they were smart enough to see it and only accentuate a few áreas or features. So, what does a talented group like C&C do with a property on the other end of the scale? How far and how ofter did they venture out of the box? Anybody know if they were left alone or did they have the pga tour watching and approving? It will also be interesting to see how it stands up to the Olympic Course in RIO, for example.

mike_beene

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 11:52:03 PM »
The local tour pros seem to like it a lot. The logistics for the Nelson will be interesting. Doesn't feel like it would handle the 80,000 type crowds the TPC gets. Even if 20,000 stay in the tents that is a lot of people. They are using those golf boards out there.

Jim Hoak

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 10:38:29 AM »
I have played it--not a member.  I liked it, because--or in spite of--the fact it is VERY unlike any other Dallas course.  C&C did a wonderful job of building on a somewhat poor site.  It was a dump--not in the garbage sense, but a landfill for metal equipment, etc.  Around the edges is a forest, but the course is basically treeless.
The course plays extremely firm, and I've gotten conflicting information on whether it will soften a bit.  I love firm courses, but this was somewhat over the top.
I was told that C&C had no input--or pressure--from the PGA Tour.
I suspect that the pros will have varying opinions on the course--it is as opposite to TPC Las Colinas as you can ever imagine.  It will not suit the eye of some of them, but others will like it.
It is a terrific project for Dallas--somewhat like East Lake in its urban renewal aspects, good for the city who got a dump/eyesore cleaned up, good for the First Tee who will have a clubhouse and 9 hole course there, and good for SMU who will make it their home course.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 11:10:51 AM by Jim Hoak »

Randy Thompson

Re: Some Trinity Forest (Dallas, TX) Pics New
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 11:47:18 AM »
I have played it--not a member.  I liked it, because--or in spite of--the fact it is VERY unlike any other Dallas course.  C&C did a wonderful job of building on a somewhat poor site.  It was a dump--not in the garbage sense, but a landfill for metal equipment, etc.  Around the edges is a forest, but the course is basically treeless.
The course plays extremely firm, and I've gotten conflicting information on whether it will soften a bit.  I love firm courses, but this was somewhat over the top.
I was told that C&C had no input--or pressure--from the PGA Tour.
I suspect that the pros will have varying opinions on the course--it is as opposite to TPC Las Colinas as you can ever imagine.  It will not suit the eye of some of them, but others will like it.
It is a terrific project for Dallas--somewhat like East Lake in its urban renewal aspects, good for the city who got a dump/eyesore cleaned up, good for the First Tee who will have a clubhouse and 9 hole course there, and good for SMU who will make it their home course.
Thanks for the details Jim! The excessive firmness will solve itself with time through thatch development!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 03:45:45 PM by Randy Thompson »

Randy Thompson

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 11:54:26 AM »
WHat are the greens bent or bermuda?

Greg Clark

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 12:32:14 PM »
Greens are Champion Bermuda. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back