News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brian Finn

Re: Best final 3 holes
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2020, 03:57:13 PM »
I only saw one mention of it so far, so I will say that I found the finish at Deal (RCP), to be exceptional.  Not only the final three holes, but really all the way back to at least 12, the stretch of holes on the inward nine are wonderful. 
New for 2023:  Cheraw SP, Grandfather, Clyne, Tenby, Pennard, Langland Bay, Southerndown, Pyle & Kenfig, Royal Porthcawl, Ashburnham, Rolls of Monmouth, Old Barnwell...

Michael Felton

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2020, 05:09:31 PM »
Into the prevailing wind and with 16 a par 4, it's just about the hardest stretch of holes I know of. It's just beast of a hole after beast of a hole. 16, 17 and 18 are all wonderful holes.

Mark Mammel

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2020, 09:31:09 PM »
I like Brora. 16 at Brora, Plateau, is 345 yards playing (often) over cattle, dogleg right to an elated blind green. 17, Tarbotness, is a wonderful hole, 438 par 4 from an elevated tee with a choice of either a right, higher fairway or a left, lower fairway. Then it's up to a distant green. 18, Home Hole,  is a 200 yard par 3, anmd par 3s for a final hole are often disliked. This one generates strong feelings. Be short and roll waaaaaay down the hill. Right is severly sloped with rough, and left puts a severe bunker in play. FUN!

So much golf to play, so little time....

Mark

Jim Sherma

« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2020, 10:09:59 PM »
It doesn’t get much love here but Baltusrol Lower 16-18 are exceptional holes as far as the shots they ask for to successfully navigate them.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back