News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sven Nilsen

La Cuesta Encantada - Pacoima Canyon - W. P. Bell
« on: October 18, 2016, 04:48:18 PM »
Anyone have any information on the course discussed in the attached articles?  Wouldn't surprise me if the name was changed, as it was also the name given to the site of the Hearst Castle.

Los Angeles Times - June 24, 1926

Van Nuys News - July 9, 1926

"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

Ronald Montesano

Re: La Cuesta Encantada - Pacoima Canyon - W. P. Bell
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 05:42:35 PM »
I'm just really freaking impressed that you corrected the mistake in the original article. "La cuesta encantado" is not grammatically correct, as the gender is off. This guy Sven, however, makes the adjustment to "encantada" and wins my eternal admiration.

You are now "el gran cabron" in my book, which is a compliment in Costa Rica, despite its literal undertones.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 06:13:10 PM »
Ron:

I just figured the Van Nuys News was a bit more reputable, and probably had it right.

Sven
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

Tim Leahy

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 08:55:32 PM »
It sounds like the area where Hanson Dam GC was built. Tommy Nacs would know the answer.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back