News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adam Lawrence

Re: Keiser's Coul Links Project (Embo/Dornoch)
« Reply #1100 on: January 27, 2021, 05:33:44 AM »
Local pressure groups are all very well, but typically they don't pay many bills... the only question that matters is what the potential investors think of all this.

I think if the investors saw daylight to the project being approved by the Scottish Govt, or at least not called in again upon resubmission, then logically there could be interest. They put some work into the project - just ask Chris Haspell.

Chris is a close friend, and I'm well aware of how much work went into it. However, from what I hear, the situation has changed since the planning app was rejected by the Scottish government, and I believe there is more that just a lack of appetite for a fight.

I could be wrong. But I have seen no sign that the investors are, well... invested in this campaign.
Adam Lawrence

Editor, Golf Course Architecture
www.golfcoursearchitecture.net

Principal, Oxford Golf Consulting
www.oxfordgolfconsulting.com

Author, 'More Enduring Than Brass: a biography of Harry Colt' (forthcoming).

Short words are best, and the old words, when short, are the best of all.

David_Tepper

Adam Lawrence

« Reply #1102 on: January 29, 2021, 09:05:53 AM »
Show me the money, as a man once said...
Adam Lawrence

Editor, Golf Course Architecture
www.golfcoursearchitecture.net

Principal, Oxford Golf Consulting
www.oxfordgolfconsulting.com

Author, 'More Enduring Than Brass: a biography of Harry Colt' (forthcoming).

Short words are best, and the old words, when short, are the best of all.

Jeff Schley

« Reply #1103 on: January 29, 2021, 09:11:13 AM »
Indeed David.  He is leveraging the situation of the pandemic with his ready to go hotel financing to get the course built. 

He continued: “We are in the process of working with local architects to finalise the design and will be submitting a planning application for the first phase of the project imminently. However, we will not start any form of construction until Coul Links Golf Course is approved.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Mark Mammel

« Reply #1104 on: January 29, 2021, 12:32:08 PM »
And more interesting. At least the locals don't seem to have given up. In the RDGC member email from Neil Hampton today.

https://www.communities4coul.scot/

So much golf to play, so little time....

Mark

Jeff Schley

« Reply #1105 on: January 29, 2021, 12:56:13 PM »
Yes very interesting link from Neil provided.  Was struck by the study from the Golf Tourism Development Group.

And visiting golfers who stay overnight spend more, on average, than almost any other type of tourist. In 2016, the VisitScotland/Scottish Enterprise Scotland Golf Visitor Survey found that the average spend for a golfer staying overnight, excluding those on a package trip, was £245.18 per person per night. Visitors from overseas tended to spend the most, averaging £338.49 per night, with those visiting from North America spending considerably more (£405.27 per night) than visitors from Europe (£257.18). The full survey can be found here.
- Steve Prefontaine

Jeff Schley

« Reply #1106 on: January 29, 2021, 01:00:34 PM »
Also on the C4C site they mention what is next if they get planning approval. Does anyone recall or perhaps it is in this thread somewhere of those other 2 developers who showed interested apart from the Keiser group?

If planning permission is granted Mike Keiser, Todd Warnock and Bill Coore (of the renowned golf course Architects Coore & Crenshaw), collectively the developers behind the original golf course application, were not the only party interested in Coul Links.  Two other golf course developers, both fronted by multi-Major winning golfers, also expressed firm interest in creating a world class golf course at Coul Links.
Therefore, if Communities for Coul is successful and planning permission is finally granted, we will invite developers with the skill and sensitivity to create the world class golf course this special site warrants to submit appropriate tenders.
- Steve Prefontaine

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #1107 on: January 29, 2021, 01:40:41 PM »
Be careful what you wish for...

Bernie Bell

« Reply #1108 on: January 29, 2021, 01:47:04 PM »
John Barron Golf Group?

David_Tepper

Thomas Dai

« Reply #1110 on: February 10, 2021, 03:37:59 PM »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back