GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

Keiser's Coul Links Project (Embo/Dornoch)

<< < (91/223) > >>

Adrian_Stiff:
Sean - No Objection is what we are looking for when we submit a planning application.

I have had applications with Parish support and one with a mitigation proposal to support which actually contradicted planning law. The officer took no opinion of the Parish council on that occasion.

Jon Wiggett:

Adrian,

generally you will have talks with all the required bodies and get where possible their approval prior to putting in for planning. If you get this then the planning officer in the vast majority of cases will pass it without going to committee. Sean is correct about there being no official polls taken of local opinion but it is a stupid councillor who does not check out local opinion on big cases and most will not go against it if they want to be re-elected. Local groups and organisations are canvased for their input but this is not part of the official decision making. SEPA, SNH, Highland Council's diverse departments and neighbouring landowners.

Jon

Adrian_Stiff:
Sounds as if the Scottish system is either very different or your talking total shite.

The English system is pretty much about ticking the boxes. Comply you get planning permission if you don't it is a real problem.

The English system does not do polls of local opinion that I am aware of, if there are any I think they are bootleg. There is a portal to comment and it is available to all. A consultation period is allowed for local bodies to make their comments on the application, if they have problems that can't be mitigated they can object and their opinion if strong, in the overall decision process, they can easily reflect into a refusual and it can be ONE SINGLE THING. If it can be mitigated then suggestions can be conditioned into the decision notice.

A parish council is really just a consulting body. It's recommendation must still be sustainable against planning law or it is worthless though they are likely to influence the planning committee to call it in which results in a planning committee decision.  The applicant is weak against strong planning law and vice versa. It is almost always Applicant versus the PPGs in England.

Jon Wiggett:

Adrian,

Of course the Scottish planning system is quite a bit different to the English one. Scotland has always had its own laws and this affects the planning system too. Different building regs and standards, different controlling bodies and different application processes. Less of a case of talking 's#~*e' and more a case of pig ignorance perhaps ;) .

Tim Gallant:
Apologies if this has been covered before, but does anyone know when the decision is likely to come? I have heard middle of January / End of January. Any specific dates?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version