News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rob Marshall

Belleview Biltmore Donald Ross
« on: November 09, 2015, 02:24:18 PM »
I've played the Belleview Biltmore, an old Donald Ross over the years in Belleair Florida near Clearwater. They recently completed a bunker renovation that is really spectacular. I'm not sure if they restored them back to Ross's  original. Very deep and grass faced. They really frame the driving corridors and green complexes nicely. Worth a look if you are in the area.

If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Richard Hetzel

Re: Belleview Biltmore Donald Ross
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 06:24:42 PM »
I am planning an overnight up to Clearwater at the end of December while we are in Florida over the holidays and I plan on playing Belleview Biltmore and Dunedin as well. I'll post pics unless someone post them first.
Last 6:
NCR CC South (OH), Fort Jackson Wildcat (SC), True Blue GC (SC), Pinewood CC (NC), Asheboro Muni (NC), Pete Dye River Course (VA)

Daniel Jones

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 08:23:47 PM »
Thanks for reminding me that I've been meaning to get to Belleview Biltmore. Look forward to hopefully seeing it soon.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 09:17:30 PM »
I am told the work was done in-house by an outsourced construction company. Not sure how true this is, but there was a plan hanging in the locker room at some point earlier in the year by a golf architect of whom I had not heard that was local.

I am very keen on the idea that they've left some grass depressions in lieu of sand bunkers and the top line work on some of the back nine holes are sublime. Also a great improvement to 16 through 18 at the greens. The construction work is first rate with no obnoxious tie-ins or other obvious crafting errors.

It took a solid "4" course to a "6." I look forward to returning sooner rather than later.
http://kylewharris.com

Constantly blamed by 8-handicaps for their 7 missed 12-footers each round.

Thank you for changing the font of your posts. It makes them easier to scroll past.

Martin Lehmann

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 02:03:43 AM »
I have played both Belleview Biltmore and Dunedin quite a few times. Old school designs that are a joy to play. Other Ross courses in Clearwater can be found at Belleair Country Club. I find them superb and it always wonders me that Belleair never appears on the list of classic courses in the USA.

Rob Marshall

Re: Belleview Biltmore Donald Ross New
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 09:10:35 AM »
I am planning an overnight up to Clearwater at the end of December while we are in Florida over the holidays and I plan on playing Belleview Biltmore and Dunedin as well. I'll post pics unless someone post them first.

I played Dunedin as well and it was in good shape. 1 thru 4 are pretty tough starting holes.

Kyle, they indeed do have some grass depressions that look look fantastic.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 09:14:24 AM by Rob Marshall »
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back