News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ira Fishman

OT—Fife Travel Question
« on: February 13, 2020, 08:00:17 PM »
This probably is an odd one. We will be in St. Andrews this summer. It is gnawing at me that one can look at NB from the Fife shore, but it is a long drive around to get there. Playing NB one more time before my final resting place would be special. There was a Ferry across, but they have discontinued it. A long way to the question: has anyone found a water option to get back and forth (no pun intended)?

Ira

Tom_Doak

Re: OT—Fife Travel Question
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 09:36:16 PM »
I would not take that chance, just for the historical precedent.  [see:  Young Tom Morris' obituary]

Edward Glidewell

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 11:52:02 PM »
It can't be THAT long of a drive. What is it, 2 or so hours?

Ira Fishman

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 02:18:29 AM »

It actually is not even that long. We did a sightseeing day when traveling from NB to St. Andrews last year so never checked on the actual drive time and assumed it to be longer. Apologies for the post.

Ira

Mark Pearce

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 03:21:55 AM »
About that, depending on traffic, particularly on the Edinburgh bypass and approaching Edinburgh.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back