News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Topp

Re: Town & Country Club and the ground game
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2015, 11:12:03 AM »

I think #17 is a strong hole, but my opinion is that the fairway and playing coorridor could and should be expanded to the west and toward that ridge significantly. There used to be a asphalt road up that hole toward a maintenence shed that was removed, however a line of low canopy trees that used to line the road remain and they make the hole a lot tighter than it should be, especially off the tee.   

Jason, and others, what is your view of the (new) back tee on #17?

I like your suggestion to move the fairway right.  My problem with the back tee is that I have never cleared the ridge so for me personally it makes the hole more difficult and less interesting.  I do not need to worry about hugging the left side.   I just need to try and hit the fairway.
My faint memory of the old tee was that you cut the corner which was fun but fraught with peril. 
I suspect the impact is entirely different for someone like Jason Lietner.  For him, I would guess the tee creates the type of decisions I recall from the old tee. 

Dan Kelly

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2015, 11:46:18 AM »
My problem with the back tee is that I have never cleared the ridge so for me personally it makes the hole more difficult and less interesting.  I do not need to worry about hugging the left side.   I just need to try and hit the fairway.
My faint memory of the old tee was that you cut the corner which was fun but fraught with peril. 
I suspect the impact is entirely different for someone like Jason Lietner.  For him, I would guess the tee creates the type of decisions I recall from the old tee.

Wasn't 17 always a three-shot hole for you, anyway? It has been, for me.

Seems to me that if your goal is to get as close to the green as possible in two shots, hugging the left side is still the way to do it.
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Jason Topp

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2015, 12:57:40 PM »
Dan - definitely a 3 shot hole

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back