News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Wayne Wiggins, Jr.

Re: Golf Digest's Best in State- Pennsylvania
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2015, 06:27:16 PM »
What kind of insane person ranks Merion ahead of Oakmont? And I say that as someone who has never seen Merion in person, what higher credibility is there than that?

:)

IMHO, no other course offers as unique a routing and mix of holes compared to Merion (East), and that’s why it gets my vote as #1.  The East course seems much more enjoyable and playable than Oakmont, but in its current post US Open set-up, it too is very difficult.  Still, a slight edge to Merion as I think I’d rather a steady diet of it than the alternative.  10 rounds: 6 to Merion; 4 to Oakmont.

Joe Bausch

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2015, 07:50:58 PM »
Oakmont would be number one on my list. I don't have a list though.

Mayday will be here all week.

:)
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2015, 08:58:03 PM »
Wayne what changes are referring too? Some of the fairways are now in excess of fourty yards wide. They are currently sodding a lot of the approaches due to some seed issue. But the course is much more playable, IMHO,than it has been for a couple of years.
We have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

Wayne Wiggins, Jr.

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2015, 11:39:59 AM »
Wayne what changes are referring too? Some of the fairways are now in excess of fourty yards wide. They are currently sodding a lot of the approaches due to some seed issue. But the course is much more playable, IMHO,than it has been for a couple of years.

Ed, i was referring to the course, from last summer (evidently I edited that from my post  ??? [size=78%]), where fairways (7, 16 to name a couple) were still narrower than i remember in the past.  Good to hear that they've been brought back to "playable" widths.  Still my favorite that i've played![/size]

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back