News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

Photos by Julian P. Graham/Loon Hill Studios
« on: November 19, 2015, 03:09:14 PM »
It is possible someone has posted a link to this website before. In any case, it does contain a very large trove of older golf related photos (of golfers and golf courses), mostly taken in the Monterey area. There are vintage pics of Pebble, Cypress, Pasa & MPCC.

http://www.julianpgraham.com/gallery.htm
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 03:41:09 PM by David_Tepper »

Dave Maberry

Re: Photos by Julian P. Graham/Loon Hill Studios
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 08:40:16 PM »
David,

Here's a post from awhile ago. http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,60919.0/topicseen.html

I had discovered this when researching Ben Hogan photo on cover of "The Match" by Mark Frost.

Dave

David_Tepper

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 10:01:06 PM »
Dave -

I did do a search to find a past thread, but I obviously didn't use the right word to search with! It certainly is quite a collection of photos.

DT

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 09:23:56 PM »
Thank you, David and Dave.
So much to choose from, but I went straight to Jimmy Demaret.
Check out the picture of Jimmy with Mangrum, Furgol and Middlecoff.  Mangrum looks like he could wipe about 70 or 80 of today's touring pros all by himself, but along with the other three (including a Doctor!) it wouldn't be a fair fight at all.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 09:16:31 AM »
It might be the hair grease that give them that tough look, I don't know. Perhaps it was their service in the military that gave them an edge, or the growing up hardscrabble.

I'm certain that each era has an impregnable quadrilateral of meaty-fisted brawlers that could wipe 70 guys from other eras as well.

There is a Pasatiempo picture showing spectators crossing the bridge on the 11th fairway. I believe the canyon has grown over and the barren nature of the walls is no longer as stark as it appears in this photo.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 09:23:40 AM »
R - you might be right, but Mangrum at least: two Purple Hearts and the Battle of the Bulge - no kidding he could wrack up some 40+ tour wins in the Hogan, Snead, Nelson era and a stellar Ryder Cup record. Tournament "pressure" must've been like a walk in the park for him. 
P

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 01:17:55 AM »
Amen to that. To a lesser degree, it's never a surprise when a former NFL player performs well in the Celebrity events. After standing in the pocket amid such violent pressure, the "pressure" of a golf shot must be nil.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Rick Emerson

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 01:57:20 AM »
Thanks for posting this. Those pictures of Cypress Point with all the before and after photos are amazing.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back