News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Topp

If we think of our three or four favorite dogleg par fours, into which class do they fit?

Think it's the outside for me, but variety will certainly trump monotony.

Good idea.  Let me think about that.  The tough part is that I almost immediately prescreen into categories so I do not know whether I can be honest on this one.  I might check to see if I listed favorite par 4's at some point in the past.

Jason Topp

If we think of our three or four favorite dogleg par fours, into which class do they fit?

Think it's the outside for me, but variety will certainly trump monotony.

Good idea.  Let me think about that.  The tough part is that I almost immediately prescreen into categories so I do not know whether I can be honest on this one.  I might check to see if I listed favorite par 4's at some point in the past.

I found a list I made on here in 2011 on an eclectic 18 of under 6500 yards staying true to hole numbers.  I had 4 holes with greens that opened to the outside - Ballybunion 6, Pebble Beach 8, Royal Melbourne 10, Dornoch 14 (not sure it is a dogleg), 6 on the inside (again categorization of one or two is shaky).  Of the remaining holes 4 were par 3's and I categorized 4 as straight holes. So the score is 6-4, 4-4 if you eliminate my two par fives
1. Victoria 256 – (Straight)
 2. N. Berwick - 429 (Inside)

3. Barnbougle Dunes – 370 (Inside)
4. Woodlands - 276 (straight)
5. RMW 177 l (N/A)
 6. Ballybunion 396 (outside)

7. Sand Hills -285  (Straight)
 8. Pebble Beach 420 (Outside)

9. Sutton Bay -206 (N/A)

10. Royal Melboune West – 312 (Outside)
 11. TOC – 174 (N/A)
 12. TOC –(Straight)
 13. Augusta National – 510 (Inside)

14. Royal Dornoch – 445 (Outside?)
15. Ballybunion –216(N/A)
 16. Sand Hills 610 (Inside? – maybe neither)

17. TOC – 500 (Inside)
18. Kingsley – 410 (straight)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back