News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill Crane

Re: A suggestion..... The surprise of Mid Pines
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2015, 01:44:21 PM »
My daughter is a rising Sr, at Elon and I have been driving down to Pinehurst area the past few years for a round.
Played Mid Pines Sunday March 2 - 2014, a beautiful sunny day about 76 degrees.   WOW - firm and fast!!  Big change from last time played about 20 years ago. I found it just charming, good shot values, slightly hilly but walkable.  More walkable than P N, my wife and I played there November 2013.
Actually, I liked Pine Needles, many good holes, but a hard walk.   A few homes, but attractive old Cape Cods in that area.   But I gotta go with Mid Pines as top dog.  D S 7??   They still charge more for P N rounds.
Would love to play #2 sometime, trying to find a member to join some day. In the past have played many other courses in the area incl F Creek, Pinewild, Pit, etc etc.   
Have ready access to CCNC but have not played yet, but need to. Any thoughts on CCNC?  Doak comments sounded bland, but everyone says courses are strong.
Wm Flynnfan

Jay Mickle

« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2015, 01:59:21 PM »
CCNC is a very nice country club, the better of the 2 courses (Dogwood) is closing in the fall for an extended period so that it can be completely redone.
@MickleStix on Instagram
MickleStix.com

Greg Holland

« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2015, 10:49:39 PM »
CCNC is a very nice country club, the better of the 2 courses (Dogwood) is closing in the fall for an extended period so that it can be completely redone.

What is being redone?  They did a renovation not too long ago by Hills.  It is a very good course, but curious to know what they will change.

Jay Mickle

Re: A suggestion..... The surprise of Mid Pines New
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2015, 11:09:27 AM »
Can't seem to get Photo to load?????
[img]https://www.flickr.com/photos/131096344@N02/20012583248/in/datetaken/[img]
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 10:53:48 AM by Jay Mickle »
@MickleStix on Instagram
MickleStix.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back