News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Peter Pallotta

Re: Undulation for the sake of undulation...
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2015, 10:29:22 PM »
Jeff - thanks for a good post, and for all the details you provided. I say: keep that 4-6% grading of the fairway experience top of mind, and try to use it often. It is, in my experience, a "feature" that is almost universally liked -- or at the very least, very much enjoyed by some and not frustrating/complaint-worthy for the rest.
Peter

Tim_Weiman

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2015, 12:53:22 AM »
Mike,

I agree with your comment about Arcadia. Just not good work, IMO. CD is refreshingly clear of that sort of thing
Tim Weiman

Kirk Gill

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2015, 04:14:36 PM »
Perhaps undulation has some things in common with quirk. If it is done intentionally by the architect, it is met with suspicion, but if it is found and used by the architect then it is embraced.........unless there's just too damn much of it.

Is there ever a situation where a hole is routed over some undulating landforms that defeat the intended strategy of the hole, but are kept anyway, for whatever reason (cost, drainage, undulove)? Or even just a greensite that has natural undulations that tie the green into the surrounds, but don't work with the strategy indicated by the rest of the hole, but are kept anyway? That might be undulation for undulation's sake. But I may just be pulling the beard extra hard here.
"After all, we're not communists."
                             -Don Barzini

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back