News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Joe Bentham

Re:Bandon Crossings is now open
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2007, 08:05:19 PM »
Scott--
neither.  A replay at the resort is a buch better alternative.

Scott Weersing

« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2007, 08:33:50 PM »
Scott--
neither.  A replay at the resort is a buch better alternative.

Yeah, I know a replay is better but we don't check into until 4 pm. So where should we play on our first day?

We usually play Sandpines because it is easy and fun. Then we have great crab afterwards.

We are thinking  of playing Bandon Crossings so I wondering which is better, BC or Sandpines.

Jeff Doerr

« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2007, 02:13:51 AM »
My vote is to play Bandon Crossings. I've played Sandpines enough to know that I can play Great Blue at Heron Lakes if I want that style and level of course - for less.
"And so," (concluded the Oldest Member), "you see that golf can be of
the greatest practical assistance to a man in Life's struggle.”

Norbert P

« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2007, 01:48:01 PM »
From another thread ... (hoping I'm not stepping on toes)

Bandon Crossings was a pleasant surprise, quiet and uncrowded on a Saturday afternoon, while many Oregonians were watching the state football team pound Michigan.  The course is a quirky, minimal style design, with beautiful par threes and plenty of variety.  Nice place, like playing golf in somebody's really nice backyard, which, in essence, is the case.  We met the owners and had a nice chat afterwards.  Great time.

Once you play Bandon Crossings, Sandpines will probably drop from your rota.  Curiosity alone should lure you to BC and you'll see that the golfing grounds are much better to bring you back. The powerlines are really only off to the side of this one hole but can be seen from 2 and 3 but they are only prominent here on 4.  They are not in play - even for this knuckleball driver.  Unless one is an obsessive faultfinder, the powerlines will quickly be forgotten.

BTW, between the town of Bandon and BCrossings is Billy Smoothboars Seafood & Steakhouse - great thick prime rib that fills a plate with masht puhtaters.    
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Garland Bayley

Re: Bandon Crossings is now open
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2014, 02:37:23 PM »
Played Bandon Crossings yesterday. I was dismayed when I looked at the website before stopping there, and there was no indication of a walking green fee. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could walk and play it for $35.

I also was pleasantly surprised to find that other than the courses at the resort, it is the best course I have played in Oregon. Kudos to Dan Hixson. I am greatly anticipating the opening of the courses at Silvies Valley Ranch after now having seen both Bandon Crossings and Wine Valley.

"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2015, 03:06:52 PM »
Bandon Crossings has been open a few years now.

Has anyone played it recently and is it worthwhile?

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2015, 03:55:12 PM »
Yes and yes.
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2015, 04:11:08 PM »
Yes and yes.

Well said.  That makes me want to jump on a plane to go see it.

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2015, 04:50:15 PM »
Yes and yes.

Well said.  That makes me want to jump on a plane to go see it.

Good.
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2015, 10:26:30 PM »
It's on my agendarary for this fall. I'm driving up from CA, meeting Kevin Lynch in Bandon for the resort tour, but I plan to hit BC first.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back