News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy Williamsen

Re: Master's bans green- reading books
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2020, 10:34:06 AM »
BAllyhack has a detailed green reading book. At first it was very confusing. I also took a while to trust it. I don't use it very often but once in a while I just can't figure out which way a putt breaks or if it is uphill or downhill. Then the book is helpful. It feels like cheating. Reading greens is part of the skill of the game. Having a green reading book that is studied before play is one thing. Having it on the course is a different thing.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Rob Marshall

Re: Master's bans green- reading books
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2020, 02:32:47 PM »
BAllyhack has a detailed green reading book. At first it was very confusing. I also took a while to trust it. I don't use it very often but once in a while I just can't figure out which way a putt breaks or if it is uphill or downhill. Then the book is helpful. It feels like cheating. Reading greens is part of the skill of the game. Having a green reading book that is studied before play is one thing. Having it on the course is a different thing.

Tommy,
Couldn’t agree more. You can’t use a compass or a laser on tour but you can use a book that tells you which way your putt breaks?
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back