News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Peter Pallotta

Discuss, if you'd like.

Peter

Joe Hancock

For a four to be a four, would it have four stretches of par fours where four would be a good score if nobody yells fore?
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Kyle Harris

There is a ton of golf that can be played across 18 holes in the 280-500 yard range, given topography, of course.
http://kylewharris.com

Constantly blamed by 8-handicaps for their 7 missed 12-footers each round.

Thank you for changing the font of your posts. It makes them easier to scroll past.

Mike_Young

Peter,
Of course.  I just got back from a week in Phily and played Merion West again.  That is the type of course that needs to be promoted for the sake of golf.  6000 yards, simple probably rated much like what you are describing but it allows people to play and learn the game. Simple clubhouse and food.   The problem comes in when the second guy to build a "4" has to out do the first guy that built a "4" and next thing you know we are where we are today.  It is sad that the game of golf does not recognize the basics of such a course and can only focus on the "championship courses" when talking " 8's, 9's and 10's"
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Carl Rogers

Can't there be a variety of ways to get to a "4"?  Different relative strengths, different relative shortcomings?  The problem I usually observe on the site is that there are such a huge variation of golf experiences, it is difficult to find common ground. .. and thus consensus.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 11:48:37 AM by Carl Rogers »
I decline to accept the end of man. ... William Faulkner

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back