News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

jeffwarne

Re: Final Scotlamd Prep
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2015, 09:18:44 PM »
Perhaps the final Scotland prep could be to spell the country correctly in the thread title? ;D ;D ;)
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Thomas Dai

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2015, 06:14:01 AM »
I am just under two weeks until I depart for an 17 night adventure around Scotland. I appreciate any last minute tips on where we should grab a pint or a meal. My intrepid wife is allowing my buddy and I to play as much as we want. Our golf schedule is as follows:

6/5-12 - St. Andrews - going to ballot TOC. We are planning on buying the 3-Day Links Pass as well. We have only one time set - Carnoustie. Planning on playing Crail and Elie as well.

6/12-14 - Staying in Tain - PM time on 13th at Royal Dornoch. AM time the following day at Nairn. May play Brora before Dornoch.

6/14-17 - Staying in Pennan. Times booked on Cruden, Royal Aberdeen and Murcar. Possibly Fraserburgh. We may take a day to sample the Speyside distilleries.

6/17-21 - Staying in Aberlady/Gullane - tee times at N. Berwick and Luffness New booked. Would love to get a miracle time for us on Muirfield. However that's a long-shot. Possibly will play Dunbar or Gullane. May take a day to explore Edinburgh.

Will collapse on the flight home.

Any tips on anythings we need to see along the way or places to grab a meal or pint?

Thanks in advance.

Lots of extra early morning-late evening daylight available. Try to make use of it.

Going as far north as the Dornoch area and not playing some or all of Brora, Golspie, Tain, Fortrose would probably be a lost opportunity.

When travelling between the Inverness area and Pennan/Aberdeen stop at Baxters at Fochabers. Play at Lossiemouth/Moray.

Substitute Fraserburgh for Murcar, closer to Pennan too.

atb

Daniel Jones

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2015, 08:38:26 AM »
Another vote for stopping in the Royal Golf in Dornoch for at least a drink. Take a spare bag tag from your home club to hang over the bar!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back