News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Aaron Marks

Hello from a new Colorado member
« on: May 30, 2015, 05:04:02 PM »
Hello! 

I'm really excited to be here after a year or so of lurking (and really enjoying Richard Choi's Chambers Bay tour).  Thanks Terry and Ran!  I grew up south of Chicago and was lucky to call Ravisloe my home away from home as a kid.  I moved to Colorado a few years ago and have enjoyed playing in the thin air.  My favorite courses out here are Riverdale Dunes, Murphy Creek, Highland Hills and that one time I got to play Ballyneal...  I've got plans to make a maiden voyage to Bandon and Chambers Bay in the fall, and I'm beyond excited for that.  I'll enjoy pretty much any course that makes me think, golf is more fun as chess with clubs.  If I could play anywhere, it'd probably be Royal County Down - the HD coverage of the Irish Open is going to be taking up a lot of space my DVR! 

Some non-golf stuff:  I love to run (though speedgolf just isn't that fun). For work I'm a software developer.  I'm getting married on July 4th, a loss of indepenedence day, for me! 

Hit em straight, and thanks for having me!

Aaron

Peter Pallotta

Re: Hello from a new Colorado member
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 08:16:12 PM »
Welcome, Aaron. And let me say, I think you have just the perfect understanding of marriage -- chess without clubs, and with rules that seem to change about every two weeks!
Best
Peter

Terry Lavin

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 08:20:34 PM »
Aaron,

Enjoy the ride!
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Aaron Marks

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 01:56:29 PM »
Thank Terry - I had a chance to play the North course a few weeks ago.  That white sand really makes the bunkers pop - and I didn't remember how deep some of the fairway traps are.  I think/hope that the North course will show some teeth at the US Am. 

PCCraig

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 08:40:43 AM »
Welcome!
H.P.S.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back