GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

Royal Palm CC - Naples FL

(1/2) > >>

Jim Sherma:
A friend joined here over the winter and I have not been able to find out much of anything about it. Based on what I've been told it sounds like a good members club. I'll probably visit at some point in any event but want to know how motivated I should be to make it happen sooner rather than later.

Also, what other courses down in the area would make for a nice little mid-winter golf break using Royal palm as a home base?

Ed Brzezowski:
I really liked The Colony. Typical Florida golf but a nice layout, good food, great service. They allowed guest play after noon I believe.

There are alot of nice courses down there to choose from imho. Not all great golf but some nice tracks to work off the rust.

Ian Mackenzie:
Mid-winter break?
Heck, I've logged four rounds already...in Chicago!!

Naples area has 200+ courses.
After May 1 "reciprocal season" starts and many private courses are accessible.

RPCC is between Naples and Marco and is average at best.
Many threads here already on courses in Naples so I suggest a search is in order.

Lely is a just minutes away for starters.
Public-access golf down there is tough and quite...um...bifurcated. You either pay $75.00 for a very average course that meanders around ponds and condos. Or, you pay $200+ for a 5 hour round at a resort.

Jim Sherma:
I was speaking of heading down next winter and figuring out how to work a family/golf deal into the mix - I'm thankfully getting well bedded into the season in PA.

--- Quote from: Ian Mackenzie on April 14, 2015, 12:47:30 PM ---Mid-winter break?
Heck, I've logged four rounds already...in Chicago!!

Naples area has 200+ courses.
After May 1 "reciprocal season" starts and many private courses are accessible.

RPCC is between Naples and Marco and is average at best.
Many threads here already on courses in Naples so I suggest a search is in order.

Lely is a just minutes away for starters.
Public-access golf down there is tough and quite...um...bifurcated. You either pay $75.00 for a very average course that meanders around ponds and condos. Or, you pay $200+ for a 5 hour round at a resort.

--- End quote ---

J_ Crisham:
Calusa Pines, Naples National, The Hideout, Old Collier, -  in that order from very good to good. After these 4 it drops off dramatically IMO. Not very inspiring public golf in this area.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version