News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ally Mcintosh

Re: SANDWICH: The 2014-15 Winter Tour Draws To A Close
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2015, 01:03:12 PM »
Anyone care to join me at RSG this Friday?

I have a tee-time at 3.40. As things presently sit, I am on my own.

Ally

Bill Gayne

« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2015, 04:20:27 PM »
Just left Kent for the first time and if I knew how good the golf (Deal and Sandwich) was I would have come sooner. Looking forward to returning.

Brent Hutto

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2015, 05:50:56 PM »
Just left Kent for the first time and if I knew how good the golf (Deal and Sandwich) was I would have come sooner. Looking forward to returning.

If I were wealthier, I might go there every year. Three or four rounds at Deal plus a 36-hole day at RSG, all the while staying at the Number One is as good a week as I could ever hope to enjoy. All that plus London just a train ride away.

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2015, 03:46:44 AM »

If I were wealthier, I might go there every year. Three or four rounds at Deal plus a 36-hole day at RSG, all the while staying at the Number One is as good a week as I could ever hope to enjoy. All that plus London just a train ride away.

Most times I visit a new course, I know enough about it that it falls in the general area of my expectations, give or take.

I can happily say that my first visit to RSG on Friday exceeded my already sky high expectations, primarily because the green complexes and contouring were better than anyone had led me to believe. That and also the back nine was in no way a let down after the front nine. In fact, arguably it provides even better golf.

What a great course.... And what about those greens at Deal as well... A superb duo - I echo your sentiment, Brent...

Sean_A

Re: SANDWICH: The 2014-15 Winter Tour Draws To A Close New
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2015, 03:58:18 AM »
Mo

You don't read so well  ;)

Spangles - I am slowly changing my opinion on the great quality disparity between the 9s. When I break down my favourites; 2, 4, 9, 12, 15 & 16 it comes out pretty even.  Each 9 has a par 3 which doesn't do a lot for me, but the back 9 has the superior par 5 which is actually a very good hole. Chuck in the 10th and the very good 17th and I think that so called disparity fades away.  Most people opt for the more dunesy land, but it takes good flat holes to complete the picture and Sandwich excells in this regard. 
I agree with you concerning the greens...very good without being OTT.

Ciao
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 11:42:03 AM by Sean_A »
New plays planned for 2024: Dunfanaghy, Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2015, 04:06:39 AM »

Mo

Spangles - I am slowly changng my opinion on the great quality disparity between the 9s. When I break down my favourites; 2, 4, 9, 12, 15 & 16 it comes out pretty even.  Each 9 has a par 3 which doesn't do a lot for me, but the back 9 has the superior par 5 which is actually a very good hole. Chuck in the 10th and the very good 17th and I think that so called disparity fades away.  Most people opt for the more dunesy land, but it takes good flat holes to complete the picture and Sandwich excells in this regard. 

Ciao

I don't read at all, Mr. Arble,

I try and avoid your photo tours when I know I'm visiting a course... They're far too informative and accurate... Best read after the fact.

Sean_A

Re: SANDWICH: The 2014-15 Winter Tour Draws To A Close New
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2015, 04:14:20 AM »

Mo

Spangles - I am slowly changng my opinion on the great quality disparity between the 9s. When I break down my favourites; 2, 4, 9, 12, 15 & 16 it comes out pretty even.  Each 9 has a par 3 which doesn't do a lot for me, but the back 9 has the superior par 5 which is actually a very good hole. Chuck in the 10th and the very good 17th and I think that so called disparity fades away.  Most people opt for the more dunesy land, but it takes good flat holes to complete the picture and Sandwich excells in this regard. 

Ciao

I don't read at all, Mr. Arble,

I try and avoid your photo tours when I know I'm visiting a course... They're far too informative and accurate... Best read after the fact.

Mo

I always say you are sly like a fox.

Ciao
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 05:02:01 AM by Sean_A »
New plays planned for 2024: Dunfanaghy, Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back