News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Philip Hensley

I couldn't find it in the course review list so I guess it's not well known outside the southeastern US. Normally wouldn't travel that far for golf but I booked a great twilight deal on GolfNow.

Is walking allowed? I usually cartball with my fivesome, plus we need a cart cooler to store our craft beers.

I've seen a few aerial photos, looks like a heavy tree planting could take this track to the next level.

;D   ;)

Scott Weersing

Re: Playing ANGC next week, what should I look for architecturally?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 09:39:48 AM »

I have a pass for a practice round, why can't a bring my clubs?

John Connolly

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 09:40:22 AM »
It's cart path only next week - I think there's a tournament coming up. I know that's a pain but they have short evergreens 150 yards out for yardage. Good food at the turn I've heard.
"And yet - and yet, this New Road will some day be the Old Road, too."

Neil Munroe (1863-1930)

Sam Morrow

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 09:44:12 AM »
Just make sure you link your blog so we can read it.

Jud_T

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 10:14:53 AM »
I hear they've veered greatly from the original intent, have let trees grow and impinge play, lengthened it excessively to protect par and run the greens at speeds that make you expect a clowns head to pop out at any moment. Perhaps interesting from an academic, historical and sociological perspective...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 10:47:18 AM by Jud_T »
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Mark McKeever

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 03:18:39 PM »
I heard Joe Bausch is playing with you and he's taking photos that the club is using for the masters program this year! ;D

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 03:31:42 PM »
If you find that every putt doesn't break towards Rae's Creek I'm really going to feel lied to.

Mike Hendren

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 03:34:30 PM »
I hear they've veered greatly from the original intent, have let trees grow and impinge play, lengthened it excessively to protect par and run the greens at speeds that make you expect a clowns head to pop out at any moment. Perhaps interesting from an academic, historical and sociological perspective...

How do you and others account for the fact that in virtually every early photograph of Augusta National the planting of a multitude of pine trees is obvious?  I can't help but wonder if the "original intent" all along was to plant trees in abundance.  Surely not.

Respectfully,

Bogey
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 03:39:12 PM by Michael H »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 04:05:35 PM »
When were green cellophane wrappers for the pimento cheese sandwiches instituted?  Was this the idea of Bobby Jones, Clifford Roberts or MacKenzie?
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 05:54:33 PM »
watch out for the artifical turf installed in the landing area on 9. the pros and press r prohibited from talking about it
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back