News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Pat Burke

Re: OT - Should Tiger be able to use a cart?
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2022, 04:22:53 AM »
Cliff

I think a little of everything. I even felt some pressure, but I have a pretty unique “dont give a fuck” attitude when It comes to those situations. I was in discomfort a bit and walking all three days would have aggravated it, impacting my golf swing.

But there are many who believe walking is integral to competing and won’t take a cart.

Many are likely simply doing what they e always done, walk in tournaments and prefer it.

So t think there’s one answer to be honest.

Cliff Hamm

« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2022, 11:21:48 AM »
Pat, thanks for the reply...My takeaway is that even senior golfers do not find a significant advantage to taking a cart.  I would think that if they did almost everyone would take one...Also, as you said walking is how they have always played.  Hence, taking a cart just might be detrimental to their game.  Again, thanks for the reply.

Erik J. Barzeski

« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2022, 01:04:49 PM »
Pat, thanks for the reply...My takeaway is that even senior golfers do not find a significant advantage to taking a cart.  I would think that if they did almost everyone would take one...Also, as you said walking is how they have always played.  Hence, taking a cart just might be detrimental to their game.  Again, thanks for the reply.
Pride and habit are funny things. So too the idea of walking with your caddie, your playing partners, etc.

There's a reason almost every PGA Tour player at the time, including Tiger, voted against it and said that walking is integral to the sport at their level. Endurance matters. Tour players often walk 90-108 holes a week (when they make the cut), often for a few weeks in a row.
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas
Author, Lowest Score Wins, Instructor/Coach, and Lifetime Student of the Game.

I generally ignore Rob, Tim, and Garland.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back