News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Wade Whitehead

Re: Courses Without OB
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2015, 04:32:53 PM »
On a related note, for the first year it was open, Ballyhack had no stakes of any kind.  Everything was through the green.

No OB, no red stakes, no yellow states.

I really loved having the entire property in play.

WW

Mark Fedeli

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2015, 06:26:15 PM »
Dismal, Sand Hills, Wildhorse,  Prairie Club.

I believe PC Dunes has an OB fence down the right side of #2. I remember this because I was up against it, despite that fairway being wider than the grand canyon.

I stand corrected but that is quite a fairway to miss!

You ain't kidding! I wonder what the story is behind that OB fence, as it doesn't seem to be protecting any private property. If it's just an intentional design quirk, I kind of like it.
South Jersey to Brooklyn. @marrrkfedeli

Sam Morrow

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2015, 06:29:59 PM »
Dismal, Sand Hills, Wildhorse,  Prairie Club.

I believe PC Dunes has an OB fence down the right side of #2. I remember this because I was up against it, despite that fairway being wider than the grand canyon.

I stand corrected but that is quite a fairway to miss!

You ain't kidding! I wonder what the story is behind that OB fence, as it doesn't seem to be protecting any private property. If it's just an intentional design quirk, I kind of like it.
[/quote

I do too, until you said this I didn't realize there was a fence.

Pete Blaisdell

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2015, 09:43:02 AM »
On the other side of the coin, Sand Creek Station  in Newton Kansas (venue for the final USGA APL Championship ) has OB on every hole. In my experience , I don't recall that being the case at any other course I've seen.
' Golf courses are like wives and the prom queen doesn't always make for the best wife "

Stephen Pellegrino

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2015, 10:12:53 AM »
Oyster Harbors has no OB, and playing wayward shots from neighboring properties is not uncommon. One homeowner used to have a sign in his backyard encouraging people to play it as it lies.

Paul Carey

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2015, 10:26:00 AM »
Although not a great course (pretty good though) the Bald Head Island Club has no out of bounds despite houses along many of the fairways.  The golf course has an easement on homeowners property to play balls as they lie.  No white stakes anywhere!

BCrosby

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2015, 10:37:23 AM »
Westward Ho!?

Sean_A

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2015, 05:12:40 AM »
Westward Ho!?

Maybe I am wrong, but  thought the pebble beach was OOB.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Dunfanaghy, Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Pete Blaisdell

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2015, 07:15:49 AM »
Sean

The Pacific Ocean , Stillwater cove and all the bwaches and cliffs are played as lateral water hazard.
' Golf courses are like wives and the prom queen doesn't always make for the best wife "

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back