News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JNC Lyon

Classic Courses on a Graph
« on: December 31, 2014, 02:18:42 PM »
When debating the merits of any golf course, the course's "difficulty" and the course's "fun and charm" are the two major dimensions in which disagreements occur. Golfers will often have varying notions of how difficult they find a course, and they may have different opinions about how charming a course is. Golfers also assign different weights to difficulty and charm in their overall ranking of a golf course. Some prefer the major championship venue that beats you over the head but does not inspire. Others love the course filled with character but short on defenses. Most golfers fall somewhere in the middle.

One of my friends recently created this website called Chartell, which allows you to rate just about anything based on two subjective measures, and then chart it up on a graph. For you analytical minds out there, I figured this would be a great way to look at some of our favorite courses in a new way.

I've created a poll on Chartell that allows all GCAers (and any lurkers out there), who want to vote on the relative difficulty and charm of their favorite classic courses. I've voted on the courses I've played; what say you?

TO VOTE: check out the link below:

http://charttell.com/polls/classic-golf-courses-1/#.VKRLCHuPau4

I've pre-loaded the top 30 from Golfweek's most recent Top 100 Classic Courses list, and I've also added any courses in the top 100 that I have played. Feel free to add other classic courses you think deserve to be on here, but please stick to classic courses. I'm happy to add a Modern Courses poll later, and feel free to make up any other polls on your own and post them out there (best Donald Ross courses, best Philly area courses, coolest GCAers, whatever). You can also vote on my Quarterbacks poll I created to get yourself pumped up for the playoffs this weekend.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 02:21:03 PM by JNC Lyon »
"That's why Oscar can't see that!" - Philip E. "Timmy" Thomas

Ronald Montesano

Re: Classic Courses on a Graph
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 02:38:35 PM »
It isn't completely intuitive, but this old saw horse figured it out.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back