News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Trenham

Caviliers Country Club in Delaware to be redeveloped
« on: December 28, 2014, 07:08:28 AM »
Caviliers Country Club is slated for redevelopment.

This will be the fourth course in New Castle County Delaware to meet this fate

Three Little Bakers - gone fallow and redevelopment is in the courts
Delaware National/Hercules - starting to be redeveloped
Brandywine - winding down in next few years Toll Brothers is the owner
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 08:48:57 AM by Mike_Trenham »
Proud member of a Doak 3.

Joe Bausch

Re: Caviliers Country Club in Delaware to be redeveloped
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 07:42:13 AM »
Couldn't make your link lead to an article, Mike.

Here is an older article:

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/local/2014/12/06/homes-retail-planned-near-christiana-mall/20009319/
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 06:12:52 PM »
I hope it stops at the Delaware line.  We insured Three Little Bakers, I did not know it had fallen into disrepair.

Quite a blow to the local golf assn. really cuts down on available courses for association events.

Joe did you survive your dinner last night?
We have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

Jon Cavalier

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 11:18:56 PM »
Patriots Glen near Newark was also shut down for a stretch recently, and continues to struggle (or so I've heard).
Golf Photos via
Twitter: @linksgems
Instagram: @linksgems

Joe Bausch

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 05:05:53 AM »
Patriots Glen near Newark was also shut down for a stretch recently, and continues to struggle (or so I've heard).

The new name of the course is Patriots Glen National and has been under that name and ownership I think since earlier this year.  The course had been closed for a year, maybe more.

Mark McKeever

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 08:46:42 AM »
I didn't know Brandywine CC was on its way out...   :(

I remember some good stuff out there.

MM
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Jon Cavalier

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 08:48:54 AM »

The new name of the course is Patriots Glen National and has been under that name and ownership I think since earlier this year.  The course had been closed for a year, maybe more.

Joe:

Thanks for the info. Good stuff. I didn't know they'd been closed for a year or more. I wish the new owners the best of luck, but that area is sparsely populated and oversaturated, so I think they've got a tough haul. I've always liked the course though.

One nit - any info on the reason for the name change? Gotta say, I'm not a fan in general of the overuse of "national" in the name of golf courses. And for such a small state, Delaware seems to have a lot of nationals.
Golf Photos via

Joe Bausch

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 09:43:33 AM »

Joe:

Thanks for the info. Good stuff. I didn't know they'd been closed for a year or more. I wish the new owners the best of luck, but that area is sparsely populated and oversaturated, so I think they've got a tough haul. I've always liked the course though.

One nit - any info on the reason for the name change? Gotta say, I'm not a fan in general of the overuse of "national" in the name of golf courses. And for such a small state, Delaware seems to have a lot of nationals.

How 'bout the The Golf Club at Patriot's Glen?   ;)

Jon Cavalier

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 10:13:18 AM »

Joe:

How 'bout the The Golf Club at Patriot's Glen?   ;)

Why not just go all the way - The National Golf Club at Patriots' Glen
Golf Photos via

Adam_Messix

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 08:52:22 PM »
Sorry to hear about Cavaliers....

Mike, think about this way... within a 25 mile radius of Cavaliers, you not only have 3 Little Bakers, Hercules (Del Natl.) (a huge surprise to me as it was a very good course) and Brandywine... but you also have the Newark Country Club project that was stopped in construction as was the Levels Course at St. Annes's Club in Middletown.  You also had the closing of Bittersweet (fka Brantwood) and the closing/reopening of Patriots Glen.  This is a reasonable population center so it's a bit surprising, but it's how the business has been going. 

Mike_Trenham

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 10:30:23 PM »
I heard one of the people involved with bringing Patiots Glen back is from Meadowbrook in Phoenixvile Pa.

Adam, yes the Newark CC relocation looked like. A good deal for everyone.

Three Little Bakers was my favorite of all of these courses.
Proud member of a Doak 3.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back