News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark_Rowlinson

Wilmslow - drone fly-overs
« on: December 23, 2014, 11:52:41 AM »
Fly-overs of half a dozen key holes at Wilmslow Golf Club cab be found at http://www.wilmslowgolfclub.co.uk/course_videos

I am always happy to guest GCAers who wish to visit.

Duncan Cheslett

Re: Wilmslow - drone fly-overs
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 12:19:07 PM »
Very nice, Mark.

This is obviously something that all clubs are going to have to look at for their websites before long. I just wish it could be done without the irritating music - or at least have a different piece of irritating music for each hole!

Any idea how much this cost and who did them?

I quite like the 'showreel' on Lymm's website. Make sure you watch it on full screen.

http://www.lymm-golf-club.co.uk/

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 01:12:20 PM »
They are some of the best ones I have seen Mark. I like the mini tour around the green.

The drone is a wonderful too, it takes a bit of learning to operate one as good as that. For £1000 you can buy one with an HD camera a say four batteries (each give about 20-30 minutes of flying before needing a re-charge)

Clubs should buy one really or share one, mainly because like taking photographs timing and daylight is important.

The music situation is probably about copyright infringements, there is a bank you can go to where the music is free.
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Thomas Dai

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 01:32:21 PM »
Nicely done visually.

The future I imagine.

And a good way to keep a record of how courses change over time and visually record what maintenance practices etc are currently being used. Over time a nice historical database.

atb

Will Lozier

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 04:14:26 PM »
The home hole looks like a cracker (although it would seem to benefit from a bit more width?)!  And the music soothed my soul :D

Paul Gray

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 06:24:36 PM »
The home hole looks like a cracker (although it would seem to benefit from a bit more width?)!  And the music soothed my soul :D

I thought that would be a fair comment regarding each of the holes shown.

Has no one thought to add a voice over to explain the strategies available on each hole? Not only would that get people to appreciate the course more, it would avoid the shocking muzak.
In the places where golf cuts through pretension and elitism, it thrives and will continue to thrive because the simple virtues of the game and its attendant culture are allowed to be most apparent. - Tim Gavrich

Jon Cavalier

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 11:19:48 PM »
Wow. Very nice.

I think I need to buy myself a drone for Christmas.
Golf Photos via
Twitter: @linksgems
Instagram: @linksgems

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 11:51:57 PM »

I think I need to buy myself a drone for Christmas.

Like I imagine many on here I was immediately inspired to research drones. I had narrowed my choice down to a DJI Phantom 2 Vision when I found my fourteen-year old son looking over my shoulder.

"Wow Dad, is that my Christmas present?"

I explained about videoing golf courses and how I thought it could be a nice little money-earner doing fly-overs for golf club websites. He was immediately enthused but alas within minutes had brought me firmly back down to earth.

"But what happens in a year's time when all golf clubs have got flyovers on their websites? And anyway, I thought you said golf clubs were all skint"

Good points well made.

Ah well, back to turning MDF into gold for me....

www.duncancheslett.com

« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 11:56:30 PM by Duncan Cheslett »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back