News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill_McBride

Re: Streamsong, I'm starting to
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2014, 07:15:46 PM »

And I agree with those who think carts should be available. For most,walking 36 isn't playing golf so much as a survival test. Resorts aren't usually in the business of survival tests.

For old dudes, even carts may not be enough.  Over two days I walked Blue in the morning, rode Red in the afternoon, walked Blue the next morning and rode Red again in the afternoon.  In that fourth round I was completely shot, could not hit the ball.  It's really dry out there, you have to hydrate even in the spring.   I'm looking forward to going back. 

Tom_Doak

« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2014, 08:02:44 PM »
One difference between Streamsong and Bandon is that the peak season is during the SHORTEST days of the year rather than the LONGEST.  There isn't enough daylight to accommodate a lot of golfers playing 36 holes a day ... realistically, only the guys who tee off the first two hours in the morning have a chance to do it in January and February.

JMEvensky

« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2014, 08:49:09 PM »

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2014, 09:41:28 PM »

One difference between Streamsong and Bandon is that the peak season is during the SHORTEST days of the year rather than the LONGEST. 

That's true, but the sun sets at about 5:30-5:40 with the last light at about 6:00 at this time of year, and that time gets extended by about a minute a day after December 21, until June 21.

There isn't enough daylight to accommodate a lot of golfers playing 36 holes a day ... realistically, only the guys who tee off the first two hours in the morning have a chance to do it in January and February.

We had a fog delay one day and didn't tee off until about 9:00 and had no problem playing 36 with lunch in between.

The course was far less crowded with fewer afternoon tee times.
When we teed off in the afternoon the closest group to us was on # 5.

One of the great assets at Streamsong which assists with fast play is the wide fairways.

While there are ample water features, they're far removed from the centerline of the fairways and as such, don't delay play. [

I think another advantage is that those arriving in the afternoon can easily get in 18

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back