News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sven Nilsen

We Have Found the Golden Grail of Golf History
« on: December 21, 2014, 11:48:04 AM »
One of the great mysteries of our time is where did Carl Spackler learn the techniques for attempting to rid Bushwood of the gopher. 

Until now historians assumed the age old methods had been passed down over the eons from one assistant greenskeeper to another.  The identity of the very first custodian to lay down the letter of the law for eradicating the scourge from our courses has remained shrouded in the cobwebs of time.

At long last, the Magna Carta of Maintenance has been found, penned by the efficiently named E. C. Brown.  Enjoy.

"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

Ronald Montesano

Re: We Have Found the Golden Grail of Golf History
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 12:12:47 PM »
This would have been an awesome April Fools to play. In Hispanic countries, el dia de los Santos Inocentes is on December 28th, their version of April Fools, so I'll pretend that was your intent.

Carl Spackler = #underrated
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Terry Lavin

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 01:24:00 PM »
From the only surviving co-author of the movie:
Hah! What year is that from? Mr EC Brown sounds very much like Mr Wiley Coyote. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 01:28:52 PM »
From the only surviving co-author of the movie:
Hah! What year is that from? Mr EC Brown sounds very much like Mr Wiley Coyote. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Tell that mope to stay tuned for our riveting series on the history of soda prices.
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

Terry Lavin

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 01:29:56 PM »
As you wish!
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 04:11:46 PM »
Quite a difference between Capability Brown and Exterminate Critters Brown.  ;)
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back