News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Chaplin

Re: Golfing Societies in the UK and beyond
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2022, 06:08:24 PM »
Here's one to aspire to.

http://www.seniorgolferssociety.com/

They have a desirable list of venues. playing amongst old friends.

Note the fact they are oversubscribed and you can only enter the ballot 6 times.   I first heard about them from a rather nervous chap who was on his 5th life.   

Lets just say that if you've played in the Halford Hewitt you shouldn't be short of sponsors.

Tony you are correct, I have just been elected and the fixture list is superb. I now have to accept I’m no longer a “promising youngster”  :D
Cave Nil Vino

David_Tepper

« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2022, 08:36:54 PM »
The Northern California Golf Association has a number of Associate Clubs. These are organized groups of golfers who meet to play together at a variety of golf clubs. They are not affiliated with a particular course. They are roughly the same as the golfing societies in the UK.

https://ncga.org/membership/associate-clubs/   

Richard Fisher

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2022, 05:05:29 AM »
Many congratulations Mark! Look forward to meeting you at one of the 100-plus SGS matches in 2023. Incidentally the SGS celebrates its centenary in 2026.

Duncan Cheslett

Re: Golfing Societies in the UK and beyond New
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2022, 06:31:50 AM »
I’d never heard of the SGS until I hosted Nick Bragg at Cavendish last month. He was telling me all about it.

I don’t think my golfing ability is quite up to scratch, although I did beat Nick! 😎

Nick and I incidentally, along with many U.K. GCAers, belong to the Top 100 Golf Society, formed in the aftermath of the pandemic.

Entry is via membership of any golf club featured in the Top 100 in the U.K. We have regular meet ups at each other’s clubs, both informal games and well organised mass get togethers.

The Society has developed organically from a transactional way of accessing expensive courses to a genuine brotherhood of golf fanatics. We have a full quota of members from most Top 100 clubs but one or two gaps in our coverage.

Anyone interested should contact me.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 01:05:44 AM by Duncan Cheslett »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back