News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Keith OHalloran

Re: 2014 PHOTOS OF THE YEAR THREAD
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2014, 05:59:11 PM »

Some great photos of golf holes, but this would get my vote, as it reminds me how insignificant golf can really be.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2014, 06:09:17 PM »
Since we are talking near holes-in-one, this is my tee shot on 14 at Royal Porthcawl on my first 18 of the day. It ran to the right edge of the hole and lipped out to 18" on the left. On the second 18, my friend Bob who has played Kings Putter with me a couple of times asked me what I hit the first time around. He then also chose his 8 iron and hit the shot running right at the hole. It hit the left edge and lipped out just to the right. I guess the difference is he's right handed, and I'm left handed. ;)

"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Mark Pavy

« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2014, 07:23:15 PM »

A 30m pitch to the 4th green at my course with a Night Golf ball. Long exposure. The appearance of the ball flight having dashes is due to the rotation of the ball and the fact that the Night Golf balls aren't illuminated evenly.

Jon Cavalier

« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2014, 07:44:49 PM »

A 30m pitch to the 4th green at my course with a Night Golf ball. Long exposure. The appearance of the ball flight having dashes is due to the rotation of the ball and the fact that the Night Golf balls aren't illuminated evenly.

Awesome.
Golf Photos via
Twitter: @linksgems
Instagram: @linksgems

Andrew Loverock

« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2014, 09:15:46 AM »

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2014, 12:25:24 PM »
I've played with this image time and again in photoshop, but in the end, I submitted it in its beautiful originality. It's one of the calmest places I know, the 14th hole at Tobacco Road. The image was shot on a February morning, after a delay and a visit to a local diner called (I believe) Jim's Restaurant.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 12:27:28 PM by Ronald Montesano »
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2014, 12:40:34 PM »

Brent, set up a free account on photobucket.com, and then follow these instructions (my low-budget instructional video) to post a picture here.

http://youtu.be/_wgmPR4TtrE
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Ken Fry

« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2014, 12:57:55 PM »
My near ace on #13 at Kingsley (ask Howard Riefs and Michael Wharton-Palmer how impressive it was!);

I can't believe no one has asked:

Did you make the putt Brian??

Ken

JLahrman

« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2014, 01:08:17 PM »

Ken

I was going to say "Easy par from there!"

I don't think it beats my near-birdie on #13 after hitting a banana drive down into the 12th fairway.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 01:11:15 PM by JLahrman »

Chris DeToro

« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2014, 01:13:59 PM »
I like the animals on the golf course especially the goats.  Where was this picture taken?

Paul Gray

« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2014, 01:56:51 PM »
Serious Suggestion: Since GCA doesn't do advertising, how would people react if Ran were to take your pictures and use them for a calendar?

Not that I'm speaking on behalf of Ran, obviously. But it was just a thought which came to mind and I find myself typing it.
In the places where golf cuts through pretension and elitism, it thrives and will continue to thrive because the simple virtues of the game and its attendant culture are allowed to be most apparent. - Tim Gavrich

Andrew Loverock

« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2014, 02:00:08 PM »
I like the animals on the golf course especially the goats.  Where was this picture taken?

It was taken on the 5th hole at Brora in Scotland. There were sheep too, but they were less friendly.

Matthew Essig

« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2014, 02:16:46 PM »
Serious Suggestion: Since GCA doesn't do advertising, how would people react if Ran were to take your pictures and use them for a calendar?

Not that I'm speaking on behalf of Ran, obviously. But it was just a thought which came to mind and I find myself typing it.

I think that is a great idea, but it is Ran's and the photographers' decision.
"Good GCA should offer an interesting golfing challenge to the golfer not a difficult golfing challenge." Jon Wiggett

Jon Cavalier

« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2014, 02:17:26 PM »
've played with this image time and again in photoshop, but in the end, I submitted it in its beautiful originality. It's one of the calmest places I know, the 14th hole at Tobacco Road. The image was shot on a February morning, after a delay and a visit to a local diner called (I believe) Jim's Restaurant.

Great shot and a great place to stand over a golf ball.
Golf Photos via
Twitter: @linksgems
Instagram: @linksgems

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2014, 02:21:48 PM »
A calendar is a great idea, these pics take so long to load on my dial up connection.

Keith OHalloran

« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2014, 02:31:54 PM »
This could go on the Best Moments of 2014 thread, but here is a photo of Mike Benham walking to the 10th Green at Sand Hills in the evening with the moon in the sky,

Howard Riefs

« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2014, 05:45:27 PM »

Ken

Yes.  Additionally, he also made a 16 footer for another eagle on #13 earlier in the day.

"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Joe Bausch

« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2014, 08:22:44 PM »
A calendar is a great idea, these pics take so long to load on my dial up connection.

Upgrade to the 14.4k baud rate modem JaKa.  I did so with my new Duo 230 and all is good.
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

BHoover

« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2014, 08:26:28 PM »
My near ace on #13 at Kingsley (ask Howard Riefs and Michael Wharton-Palmer how impressive it was!);

Ken

Well, because you asked, yes. I played the hole four times, drove the green three times and played it in 5 under (two eagles, a birdie and a par).

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2014, 08:27:24 PM »

Upgrade to the 14.4k baud rate modem JaKa.  I did so with my new Duo 230 and all is good.

Sorry, somehow a post from 1995 found it's way back. Remember when people would complain about picture size?  Yea, about the same time people quit using calendars.

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2014, 08:32:24 PM »
Yea, about the same time people quit using calendars.

Not calendars with corgis, though.
Charlotte. Daniel. Olivia. Josephine. Ana. Dylan. Madeleine. Catherine. Chase. Jesse. James. Grace. Emilie. Jack. Noah. Caroline. Jessica. Benjamin. Avielle. Allison.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2014, 10:27:45 PM »
Didn't I hear the Stewarts took down the old cabin some years ago at TR?  Some great stories about that old cabin going back to depression era and prohibition. 
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2014, 11:35:27 PM »

Kyle, is that the Golf Club at Boulder Ridge in San Jose?

Correct. Well deduced!
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2014, 11:42:37 PM »

D*** you Kyle. Your posts always discourage me from posting anything. Someday you are going to get old and find you have to much on your plate to be taking the time to find the perfect image to shoot.  :P

;)

That's very kind of you to complain, Sir B. I assure you, my infant twin boys are surpassing my wife as obstacles to getting out on the golf course. You should also note that I have yet to win any prizes for my images on GCA (except for a copy of the new CG, of course ;))

You can submit this photo I took of #17 at Spanish Bay and pretend it's one of yours for the purposes of this contest, if you like, so long as Ted's son gets the prize.

"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Paul Gray

« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2014, 03:57:49 AM »

Sorry, somehow a post from 1995 found it's way back. Remember when people would complain about picture size?  Yea, about the same time people quit using calendars.

Nonsense.
In the places where golf cuts through pretension and elitism, it thrives and will continue to thrive because the simple virtues of the game and its attendant culture are allowed to be most apparent. - Tim Gavrich

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back