News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Morrissett

Re: A CUMBRIAN COUPLET: SEASCALE GC
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2014, 02:09:53 PM »
Sean -

Thanks for the great tour that brings back happy memories of my round at Seascale in 2003.  Based on Donald Steel's book, I decided to play there and was quite glad I did.  In fact just last week I told Ran that I was surprised that Seascale (along with Stonehaven in Scotland) was not featured in the Confidential Guide to me.  The fact that none of the four authors had been there shows the depth of courses in GB&I.

John

Sean_A

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2014, 04:15:48 AM »
Sean -

Thanks for the great tour that brings back happy memories of my round at Seascale in 2003.  Based on Donald Steel's book, I decided to play there and was quite glad I did.  In fact just last week I told Ran that I was surprised that Seascale (along with Stonehaven in Scotland) was not featured in the Confidential Guide to me.  The fact that none of the four authors had been there shows the depth of courses in GB&I.

John

John

It didn't occur to me that Seascale wasn't included in the CF.  With Doak mellowing on the little guys, perhaps there should be a place for Seascale.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Turnberry, Isle of Harris, Benbecula, Askernish, Traigh, St Medan, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Sean_A

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2017, 05:59:49 AM »
Tucky's link to this tour on the Holes Playing to Corners...thread had me take another look at Seascale.  I see Doak didn't visit for his CG update, that is a harsh omission. I wonder too if I haven't been too hard on Seascale after looking at the pix.  It falls well short of my top 100 best GB&I courses, but now I am thinking....maybe it is time for another visit.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Turnberry, Isle of Harris, Benbecula, Askernish, Traigh, St Medan, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Niall C

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2017, 07:32:09 AM »
Sean

I'd be more than happy to join you. As I've confessed before I'm embarrassed to say I never played it when I lived down there.

Niall

Thomas Dai

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2017, 01:43:37 PM »
Looks like there's some interesting stuff at Seascale. A nice looking sandy dune area not far to the south at Ravenglass as well.....shame no course there though.
By UK standards a long way off the usual beaten track through - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.4045418,-3.4904788,1743m/data=!3m1!1e3
atb

Mark Pearce

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2017, 09:06:28 AM »
Sean, I'd also be interested in a trip to Seascale.  I missed it when the pre-BUDA crowd went there.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back