News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve Wilson

Re: Buda Cup 2015: Notts & Sherwood Forest THE FINAL RUN IN...
« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2015, 03:52:43 AM »
Bill, Ward, et. al.,

Whilst it might be wise to wait for an official announcement from one of those who have arranged it, I was told by a reliable BUDA participant, we do trust him with the money, that it is to be the first weekend in September which by my calendar works out to the 2nd through the 4th at Carne with a round at Enniscrone.  There was talk of playing another course on the way in, but the name, other than beginning with an M, escapes me.

I can't address the walkability issue, but I'm with Ward in suggesting some recruitment of younger members, otherwise these BUDA's and other events are going to become like those family reunions that get smaller and grayer before fading away altogether.  With a year's advance notice perhaps more people can make concrete plans to be there.

Some days you play golf, some days you find things.

I'm not really registered, but I couldn't find a symbol for certifiable.

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2015, 09:39:54 PM »
Bill, Ward, et. al.,

Whilst it might be wise to wait for an official announcement from one of those who have arranged it, I was told by a reliable BUDA participant, we do trust him with the money, that it is to be the first weekend in September which by my calendar works out to the 2nd through the 4th at Carne with a round at Enniscrone.  There was talk of playing another course on the way in, but the name, other than beginning with an M, escapes me.

I can't address the walkability issue, but I'm with Ward in suggesting some recruitment of younger members, otherwise these BUDA's and other events are going to become like those family reunions that get smaller and grayer before fading away altogether.  With a year's advance notice perhaps more people can make concrete plans to be there.

Maybe one of those younger guys can carry me.....if necessary.

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #152 on: August 26, 2015, 01:58:07 AM »
Bill, Steve, all,

Glad you had a great time.

I'll let Robin start a new thread when he's back from holiday but I'd nominally booked the weekend of 9th and 10th September at Carne with an intro round at Mulranny on the Friday for those who want it and a Singles at Enniscrone on the Monday to finish it off. Cost will be cheap.

Airports to Carne:
Dublin = 4 hrs
Shannon = 2.5 hrs
Knock = 1.5 hrs

As I said, Robin will drive this one.

Bill, it is not the most walkable course, purely because of the mountainous dunes. That said, it is still very walkable. The club only have a fleet of 7 buggies.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #153 on: August 26, 2015, 03:00:56 AM »
I wish I could have seen my way clear to hold off on my upcoming bucket list trip to those precincts in about 4 weeks in order to have a crack next year at a Carne Buda and competing on an all star team for that treasured trophy.  But, I feel like I have to get this trip in now while the getting is good.  Fun to see old familiars in the photos.  I'm thinking that next year the Captains should shop around a team clothing sponsor deal and have Monoxidil and Grecian Formula logos on your golf attire.  The sartorial diversity in the group photo is breathtaking.   ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Steve Wilson

« Reply #154 on: August 26, 2015, 04:41:27 AM »
Rather than sartorial diversity I think rag bin might more accurately describe our fashion choices.
Some days you play golf, some days you find things.

I'm not really registered, but I couldn't find a symbol for certifiable.

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #155 on: September 08, 2015, 08:32:09 AM »
Bill, Steve, all,

I'll let Robin start a new thread when he's back from holiday but I'd nominally booked the weekend of 9th and 10th September at Carne with an intro round at Mulranny on the Friday for those who want it and a Singles at Enniscrone on the Monday to finish it off. Cost will be cheap.

Airports to Carne:
Dublin = 4 hrs
Shannon = 2.5 hrs
Knock = 1.5 hrs

Bill, it is not the most walkable course, purely because of the mountainous dunes. That said, it is still very walkable. The club only have a fleet of 7 buggies.

Regarding above message, Robin will make an announcement in next few days but the weekend mentioned above has the hotel of choice booked out... So please don't make any firm plans until Robin's post...

David_Tepper

« Reply #156 on: September 08, 2015, 09:00:38 AM »
Mike Whitaker -

Are those Kentwool socks you are wearing? Do they make knee highs?

DT

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #157 on: September 08, 2015, 09:51:40 AM »
Mike Whitaker -

Are those Kentwool socks you are wearing? Do they make knee highs?

DT
Ha ha! Those are official Royal Cinque Ports Golf Club hose. They are very popular in Deal. I have the club tie and the hose... can't pull the trigger on anything else. The jacket is a bit shocking!  :o
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 10:11:45 AM by Michael Whitaker »
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Michael Graham

« Reply #158 on: September 08, 2015, 10:42:55 AM »
Bill, Steve, all,

Airports to Carne:
Dublin = 4 hrs
Shannon = 2.5 hrs
Knock = 1.5 hrs

Regarding above message, Robin will make an announcement in next few days but the weekend mentioned above has the hotel of choice booked out... So please don't make any firm plans until Robin's post...

At Cavendish the day before Buda, Robin mentioned the first weekend in September as likely dates. That may well have changed, however . Looking forward to hearing about concrete dates.

Michael

RJ_Daley

« Reply #159 on: September 08, 2015, 05:49:02 PM »
I hope those shirts are waterproof, because those jackets are pissers...  ::) ;) ;D :o
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back