News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jon Wiggett

Re: Bunker Questions
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2014, 06:22:49 PM »
Golf is the only sport I'm aware of in which competitors ensure a fair playing surface for their opponents.

Jason,

I think you are mistaking fairness for treating all players equally. There is no call in the rules for 'fairness' but it is expected that all players should face the same challenge as far as is possible.

I don't think I am. I call your bluff. Explain your thesis.

No bluff intended. Just read what I wrote and think about it Jason  ;)

Jason Thurman

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2014, 08:04:24 PM »
I thought about it. You're wrong.

In fact, the rules exist to ensure a modicum of fairness. However, nowhere in the rules is it stated or implied that "all players should face the same challenge as far as is possible." In fact, an inherent element of golf is that players face very different challenges depending upon the routes they take to reach holes, their own skillsets, and even the time of day at which they play, among myriad other factors.

You've made clear in previous threads that you resent the work you have to do to present your customers with the playable bunker conditions they expect. I understand your perspective, but it's hard to take you seriously when you post such utter nonsense.

"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2014, 03:57:15 AM »
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 06:11:42 AM by Jon Wiggett »

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2014, 06:11:08 AM »
I thought about it. You're wrong.

In fact, the rules exist to ensure a modicum of fairness.
No, they are there to ensure that everyone plays by the same rules

However, nowhere in the rules is it stated or implied that "all players should face the same challenge as far as is possible."

Yes it does. Once play has started things such as pin positions (except in the pro games) and the general challenge the course sets are not to be altered except through natural processes. These processes such as growth are not to be changed through cutting or any other technique. Hence, all players face the same challenge

In fact, an inherent element of golf is that players face very different challenges depending upon the routes they take to reach holes, their own skillsets, and even the time of day at which they play, among myriad other factors.

You've made clear in previous threads that you resent the work you have to do to present your customers with the playable bunker conditions they expect.
Just because I can see a reason for not raking bunkers does not mean I resent doing so. As to what my customers expect I guess you base your statement on having actually talked with some of my regular players and ALL have said they want the bunkers raked.

I understand your perspective, but it's hard to take you seriously when you post such utter nonsense.

I wonder what you think you achieve by posting such offensive remarks Jason?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back