News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Elvins

Re: Sad conclusion to the Scott-Taylor matter
« Reply #225 on: November 04, 2014, 02:38:56 PM »
Niall,  

Your continual twisting of my words is not really in the spiriti of the site and disrespectful to not only me but Neil as well.

To say that I accused Neil of fraud is way below the belt, to pompously add that "we need to be very careful what we say" as if your continual wild misrepresentations are the truth is pathetic, to be honest, and no credit to you.

You admit that Neil made a mistake. Take my word for it that I was deceived by his mistake.  That is deception. simple, end of story, move on.  That is all I wrote. I made no claim that Neil was involved in a fraud, I made no claim that Neil knew the drawings were fake, I made no claims that Neil was involved with IST.  I made no claim that he even knowingly  deceived anyone.  Iwas sympathetic to Neil and Phil's plight.

Your continual misrepresentation of my comments is way out of line, and reflects badly on you, Neil, and the website.  
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 02:54:57 PM by David_Elvins »
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Chris Kane

« Reply #226 on: November 04, 2014, 04:12:27 PM »
As an observer, this sordid saga has raised serious issues which demand a serious discussion.

It is for this reason that you are completely out of line Niall. David's position is crystal clear to everyone it seems, except you. It doesn't help Neil, Phil Young or this website one bit to have you put words in his mouth.

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #227 on: November 04, 2014, 07:52:58 PM »
David E,

I understand that you feel you were deceived by certain statements made by initial supporters of the material who had the wool pulled over their eyes in this matter.   Nonetheless I 'umbly assert that you seem to be particularly upset and wonder that if this is the worst deceit that has been visited upon you then you are a lucky man!

For heavens sake can you not imagine how shitty Phil, Neil and Ran probably feel at this point in time? It would be a handsome gesture if you allowed them to lick their wounds and let this fade into the past. It is of interest to me that the main protagonists in this fiasco seem to have deemed it wise to stay silent. All that seems to be left are jackals sniffing and snuffling … not a good look in my opinion.

My problem with this post is that it will bring this awful thread back to the top of the pile.

Orra best Colin
"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

David_Elvins

« Reply #228 on: November 04, 2014, 08:28:03 PM »
David E,

I understand that you feel you were deceived by certain statements made by initial supporters of the material who had the wool pulled over their eyes in this matter.   Nonetheless I 'umbly assert that you seem to be particularly upset and wonder that if this is the worst deceit that has been visited upon you then you are a lucky man!

For heavens sake can you not imagine how shitty Phil, Neil and Ran probably feel at this point in time? It would be a handsome gesture if you allowed them to lick their wounds and let this fade into the past. It is of interest to me that the main protagonists in this fiasco seem to have deemed it wise to stay silent. All that seems to be left are jackals sniffing and snuffling … not a good look in my opinion.

My problem with this post is that it will bring this awful thread back to the top of the pile.

Orra best Colin

Colin

Thanks for the response, unfortunately I reckon you are talking to the wrong man.  I really wish I could let this rest but after one (1) single initial post expressing my disappointment, (along with my sympathy and my wish to hold no grudges and move on) I have faced an increasingly bizarre series of accusations from Niall Carlton. Each time I try to hose down the issue and explain myself he responds with an even more outlandish claim.  It won't be long before Niall claims that I have accused Neil and Phil of doing the drawings themselves whilst inventing Ebola.

Everyone on here understands that Neil and Phil are good people with a lot of credits in the bank who deserve sympathy.  For Niall to insinuate otherwise does no-one any favours, IMO.

I have often found that a good rule of thumb is to not type anything on golfclubatlas that you would not say to someone's face.  If I was talking to you in person I would say that Niall is being a bit of a cunt.  The only consolation is that these personal attacks have been a common feature of GolfClubAtlas, in particular from the Ian Scott-Taylor and his friends.  I am not the first to get this sort of treatment and I won't be the last.  It's a pity it sucked me you and others in but c'est la vie.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 09:58:51 PM by David_Elvins »
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Jeff Bergeron

« Reply #229 on: November 04, 2014, 09:10:52 PM »
Hardball is one tough game. I think Niall should be banned form the site for life!

David_Elvins

« Reply #230 on: November 04, 2014, 09:56:49 PM »
Hardball is one tough game. I think Niall should be banned form the site for life!

Might be a bit overboard.  I would be happy with 1 year suspension and a 1,000 word essay on the faults of Alister Mackenzie. 

Niall C

« Reply #231 on: November 05, 2014, 02:55:30 AM »
Niall,  

Your continual twisting of my words is not really in the spiriti of the site and disrespectful to not only me but Neil as well.

To say that I accused Neil of fraud is way below the belt, to pompously add that "we need to be very careful what we say" as if your continual wild misrepresentations are the truth is pathetic, to be honest, and no credit to you.

You admit that Neil made a mistake. Take my word for it that I was deceived by his mistake.  That is deception. simple, end of story, move on.  That is all I wrote. I made no claim that Neil was involved in a fraud, I made no claim that Neil knew the drawings were fake, I made no claims that Neil was involved with IST.  I made no claim that he even knowingly  deceived anyone.  Iwas sympathetic to Neil and Phil's plight.

Your continual misrepresentation of my comments is way out of line, and reflects badly on you, Neil, and the website.  

David

I was disrespectful to Neil ! Are you having a laugh. It was you who accused him of deception. Do you know what that means ? Can I suggest you get your new copy of the Confidential Guide that you trade it in for a dictionary. That way you might learn the meaning of deceit.

Considering I've been one of the few who have been trying to keep this into some kind of proportion then your last line above is staggering. Go back and read your own posts and what you've said about Neil and how you've expressed yourself, and then tell me you've acted in the spirit of this site.

Niall

David_Elvins

« Reply #232 on: November 05, 2014, 02:59:59 AM »
Looks like we are at a stalemate here, Niall.  Let's agree to disagree and sort this out in private? Apologies for not suggesting this yesterday.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 03:30:34 AM by David_Elvins »

Ian Larson

« Reply #233 on: November 05, 2014, 08:15:28 AM »
All I want to know is where can I get copies of all of these. Fake or real I could care less. They would probably look great framed. Ian Scott Taylor is a talented artist. I would love to have copies, if anyone knows how I could ahold of some please pm me!

DMoriarty

« Reply #234 on: March 15, 2016, 02:49:12 PM »
Bump.
Golf history can be quite interesting if you just let your favorite legends go and allow the truth to take you where it will.
--Tom MacWood (1958-2012)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back