News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adam Clayman

Re: Excited for San Fran - Monterey Trip! (UPDATED WITH THOUGHTS AND PICS)
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2014, 09:58:15 PM »
Ben, The changes at Cal Club were much more extensive than just the bunkering. I was fortunate to play it when it was a tree choked, pond ridden, red headed step child, of it's bigger named neighbors. But, the bones were there, and the whisper was, it was the best of the triumverate. Kyle's work has shown that to have been arguably accurate.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Ben Baldwin

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2014, 03:18:50 PM »
Ben, The changes at Cal Club were much more extensive than just the bunkering. I was fortunate to play it when it was a tree choked, pond ridden, red headed step child, of it's bigger named neighbors. But, the bones were there, and the whisper was, it was the best of the triumverate. Kyle's work has shown that to have been arguably accurate.

Yes, and I have an even better appreciation of what Kyle did there after reading this article, as well as seeing the pictures showing the new #7 before and after, and understanding what he did with that area of hte property with the range and then also seeing the 4 pictures of #18.
http://golfclubatlas.com/feature-interview/calclub2/

I really get that he did so much more than the bunkering.  However I was saying I love "MacKenzie" style bunkers, but the Phillips iteration of this style at Cal Club is BY FAR my favorite I've found/experienced to date.

astavrides

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2014, 02:54:50 AM »
I don't see much evidence of drought in any of those pics.

Philip Caccamise

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2014, 12:52:46 AM »
These pics only get me more excited for my impending move to California. Thanks for sharing.

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2014, 02:27:10 PM »
I don't see much evidence of drought in any of those pics.

Of the courses posted I believe only Santa Cruz is in a mandatory rationing area. Outside of that, some courses have chosen to cut more than others. You can tell a slight difference at the PB courses if you compare them to 3 or 4 years ago.

David_Tepper

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2014, 02:30:01 PM »
"I don't see much evidence of drought in any of those pics."

Plus, a number of Nor Cal courses have switched to using recycled/reclaimed water. 

Carl Nichols

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2014, 02:36:16 PM »
Those are absolutely gorgeous shots of Cal.

+1.  Great place.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2014, 08:48:26 PM »
These pics only get me more excited for my impending move to California. Thanks for sharing.

So where are you moving?   Many micro regions in California, especially with regard to golf options!

William_G

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2014, 11:29:52 PM »
great trip!
It's all about the golf!

Philip Caccamise

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2014, 11:53:26 PM »

So where are you moving?   Many micro regions in California, especially with regard to golf options!

Good question... the answer is TBD. It's either going to be South Bay or Orange County, depending on work. My wife grew up in San Jose/Santa Cruz, and there are better job options there for me, but she went to UCLA and her job is transferable to Irvine and prefers SoCal. I'd be more than happy in either location!

Bill_McBride

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2014, 10:55:30 PM »

Good question... the answer is TBD. It's either going to be South Bay or Orange County, depending on work. My wife grew up in San Jose/Santa Cruz, and there are better job options there for me, but she went to UCLA and her job is transferable to Irvine and prefers SoCal. I'd be more than happy in either location!

Hmmmm.....Santa Cruz.....hmmmmm.....Pasatiempo?   Oh my!   ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back