News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark_Fine

Re: How many courses have you played?
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2018, 10:54:52 AM »

Total number of courses: Almost 1600 (much less than Terry Inslee, although he is 20 years older than me) and over 400 that at some point were on one of the major “lists"

Best Course: I have played about 20 courses that I would call a Doak 10 (can’t say which is the best)

Favorite: I love Cypress Point

Best Value:  I don’t judge a course by what I pay (many are private and I have no idea what the cost is)

Best Surprise: Too many to list

Worst Surprise: There are many that don’t meet the hype - Rich Harvest Farms would be one example.

Last Round: Fiddler’s Elbow (Forest Course) in NJ in a one day member guest
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 10:56:36 AM by Mark_Fine »

Carson Pilcher

« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2018, 11:13:15 AM »
I could not even try to count the number of different courses I've played.  I have played golf for 37 years all over the world.  I have lived in 10 different cities and played the courses in each respective area and many golf trips playing multiple courses during each trip.

- How many courses have you played  - Hunderds[/size]- What is the best course you've played - total experience, Cypress Point, Best creativity, Old Course, Best test of golf, Merion- What is your favourite course - The Old Course- What is the best value course you've played - Mill Valley (a muni East of Atlanta)- What was the biggest surprise both good and bad - I was blown away with Merion.  Love that place!!...On the "bad" side, I was surprised at the sand use at Pine Valley.  My member host could not clear the sand off any tee box, and it made me feel bad for him not having an alternate route to the hole.- If you were told you could play only one more round of golf where would it be and why: Probably Augusta or Shinnecock since I have played neither....but I do LOVE The Old Course.[/color]

PThomas

« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2018, 07:59:00 PM »
197 played, only 3 to go!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back