News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brad Tufts

Re: Reflections of a first-time links golfer
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2015, 02:24:03 PM »
I actually “carried” my tee shot fifty yards and it rolled out of sight.

In addition to compressing six weeks worth of normal workaday golf into eight days, playing in Scotland is simply conducive to great storytelling. The eighteenth hole is a great example. I had researched all of the stories on this board, and while we were waiting I told my group that Bryan Izatt had aced it and that Noel Freeman had driven the green by bouncing one over the cars, off a building, and back over the cars. Sure enough, my partner smoked one that was tracking all the way, ending up four feet away. He made the putt, and when we got to the bar, of course everyone had been watching and gave him a very warm reception.

My story on 18 was that my entire 13-round odyssey in Scotland with the same teams (Dad and I v. Brother and Friend) every day had come down to #18 at NB, the last hole of our trip, tied 6 matches to 6, and the NB match all square, facing 270 yards dead into a 30mph gale.  I groaned when I could only negotiate my 40y runner to about 25 feet.  With a 4 already in the hole for our opponents, I calmly nailed my birdie putt to win the match, trip, and bragging rights until the same foresome lands in Nova Scotia this August!
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back