News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom Kelly

Re: Why doesn't Alwoodley get more attention?
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2014, 07:17:35 AM »
I guess the only solution is to play Notts more  :D

Yes.

After the course I grew up on I've probably played Notts more than any other course. I haven't been to Alwoodley, Ganton or Swinley but I think Notts stands up to any of the others mentioned here so far. It isn't as pretty as some of the others and can be brutal at times especially from the back pots but every time I go back I think it gets better and better.

Sean_A

Re: Why doesn't Alwoodley get more attention?
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2014, 07:37:17 AM »
I guess the only solution is to play Notts more  :D

Yes.

After the course I grew up on I've probably played Notts more than any other course. I haven't been to Alwoodley, Ganton or Swinley but I think Notts stands up to any of the others mentioned here so far. It isn't as pretty as some of the others and can be brutal at times especially from the back pots but every time I go back I think it gets better and better.

Tom

Of those mentioned, the ones I want to play again and would be willing to pay full whack for the game, only Notts, Ganton, Woking and Alwoodley are viable.  The others require the hand of fortune or a very good deal to entice a return visit  :D  No question, highest on my good fortune list would be Sunny Old or WH New/Old.  

I saw a big difference in Alwoodley's conditioning the last time there which was very impressive.  I think Notts is on a schedule of improvement as well, but it seems to be at a slower pace than at Alwoodley, I haven't been to Notts since the winter; maybe Boony can chip in with good news.

Ciao  
New plays planned for 2024: Dunfanaghy, Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back