News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Joe Logan reports on this cart ball course. The new owner also owns Iron Valley GC (P.B. Dye) near Hershey, PA.

http://myphillygolf.com/detail.asp?id=11687&pid=20
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Joe Bausch

Re: Broad Run GC(Rees Jones) in West Chester, PA gets new ownership
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 08:38:29 PM »
Steve-o,

What would your 10 round split be for BR and IV?

Or anyone else that wishes to chime in.

Me:  8:2 in favor of Iron Valley.
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 08:51:38 PM »
I liked the Tattersall name better. My one play there was highlighted by the very long ride from 18 to the club house. Accordingly, my split is 9-1 in favor of IV.
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

mike_malone

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 04:59:57 PM »
10 zip IV.  I suggest the new owner put a golf course on this land.
AKA Mayday

astavrides

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 05:48:15 PM »
13-4 iron valley.

Joe Bausch

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 06:15:50 PM »
13-4 iron valley.

Effin' physical chemist.

;)
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 09:57:45 PM »
I measured the ride from 18 green to the clubhouse - 3/4 mile.  Ughh...

Jim Sherma

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 10:20:51 PM »
Having no love for IV, I can't imagine what Broad Run (Tattersal) would do for me. IV does "not suit my eye or game" as per the other current thread.

Mike_Trenham

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2013, 07:22:16 AM »
Philly AM Qualifier today at Broad Run, Shot Gun Start @ 2:00.   My guess is 82 qualifies.
Proud member of a Doak 3.

Chris Roselle

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 11:40:27 AM »
Philly AM Qualifier today at Broad Run, Shot Gun Start @ 2:00.   My guess is 82 qualifies.

Mike, I set the course up for the Qualifier and I am hoping it takes less than 82 to make it.  My first time at Broad Run and I was really impressed with the overall conditioning of the course and their staff has been great to work with.

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2014, 07:00:21 PM »
I played Broad Run for the first time in probably 5+ years today.  Chad Rightmyer, the superintendent for the last two years has totally transformed the place.  I was really impressed by the greens and the overall conditioning, especially since the course had fallen into disrepair (in my opinion).

Full disclosure - Chad was the #1 assistant at French Creek where I belong and worked under Bruce Cadenelli, a world class head green keeper and fantastic teacher of the craft.

Jon Cavalier

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2014, 12:33:09 AM »
I liked the Tattersall name better. My one play there was highlighted by the very long ride from 18 to the club house. Accordingly, my split is 9-1 in favor of IV.

Hated it when they changed the name from Tattersall to Broad Run - such a boring name. Also hate the houses. Having played each course north of 15 times (although it's been a couple years for each), I would split 8-2 in favor of IV.
Golf Photos via
Twitter: @linksgems
Instagram: @linksgems

Chris Mavros

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2014, 10:50:48 AM »
BR is certainly much better nowadays than in years past.  The houses on the Twelfth are disappointing, but conditions are great and there are some fun holes, especially the par 5's. 

But I'd still go 7:3 in favor of IV.  Better par 3's, more of a variety of terrain and allows more creativity.

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2014, 06:23:09 PM »
Chris - it's a quirky design - no doubt.   But you gotta give the new ownership kudos for investing in the infrastructure.

Chris Mavros

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2014, 03:10:53 PM »
Absolutely.  They have made great strides, including the chef.  Some of the best wings I've ever had as well.  I'm glad ownership has been effective in improving things. 

David Federman

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2014, 10:24:32 AM »
Played Broad Run Friday afternoon for first time in years. First, the bad - nearly 5 hour round - group in front walked off it was so slow. Put a shotgun group out late morning, but did not wait long enough before starting with regular golfers. Ridiculous. 10th hole is also ridiculous - short hole that is level with tee - but you can't see the green or bunkers around green from the tee because of tall weeds in hazard fronting green. Too many blind shots. Miles of steep up and down cart paths in between holes - particularly long from 9th to 10th and from 18th back to clubhouse. No walking on this course, that is for sure.

That is the bad - on the good - great conditioning; both fairways and greens are terrific. Although there are a number of "quirky" holes - in particular, number 2 - which is a shortish par 4 with a maximum allowable drive of 195 yards to a waste area, which no one can drive over, leaving a long second over the waste area. Liked the "quirk" and elevation changes, variety of long and short holes, and the green complexes. Lowered the green fees to the $50.00 range from the higher levels when it was Tattersall. All in all, we generally liked the course, despite its shortcomings - but won't be running back soon because of pace of play and the long drive from Philly environs.  It is a terrible course for an outing, since there are so many waste areas, forced carries, and other conditions which cause very slow play. The course design itself leads to slow play.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 10:31:40 AM by David Federman »

Mark McKeever

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 04:38:00 PM »
Played Broad Run Friday afternoon for first time in years. First, the bad - nearly 5 hour round - group in front walked off it was so slow. Put a shotgun group out late morning, but did not wait long enough before starting with regular golfers. Ridiculous. 10th hole is also ridiculous - short hole that is level with tee - but you can't see the green or bunkers around green from the tee because of tall weeds in hazard fronting green. Too many blind shots. Miles of steep up and down cart paths in between holes - particularly long from 9th to 10th and from 18th back to clubhouse. No walking on this course, that is for sure.

That is the bad - on the good - great conditioning; both fairways and greens are terrific. Although there are a number of "quirky" holes - in particular, number 2 - which is a shortish par 4 with a maximum allowable drive of 195 yards to a waste area, which no one can drive over, leaving a long second over the waste area. Liked the "quirk" and elevation changes, variety of long and short holes, and the green complexes. Lowered the green fees to the $50.00 range from the higher levels when it was Tattersall. All in all, we generally liked the course, despite its shortcomings - but won't be running back soon because of pace of play and the long drive from Philly environs.  It is a terrible course for an outing, since there are so many waste areas, forced carries, and other conditions which cause very slow play. The course design itself leads to slow play.

Many years ago when it opened, my buddy and I were the first (and hopefully only) players to walk the golf course.

MM
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back