News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Buck Wolter

Re: Frequency of playing your home course
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2014, 05:18:24 PM »
Paul,
sorry that was not at all a nock on England, as I was lucky to grow up playing at Copt Heath, merely a thanks for the life that I have been fortunate to have here, being from England.
Sorry if that didnt come across, sort of a "God bless America'  thing without actually saying that which I now have. ;)

No, no, not at all. Equally sorry if I came across as being on the attack.

How British is that back and forth! Well done.

I know reading these posts that I need to play more golf --home course or otherwise
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Paul Gray

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2014, 05:38:24 PM »
Paul,
sorry that was not at all a nock on England, as I was lucky to grow up playing at Copt Heath, merely a thanks for the life that I have been fortunate to have here, being from England.
Sorry if that didnt come across, sort of a "God bless America'  thing without actually saying that which I now have. ;)

No, no, not at all. Equally sorry if I came across as being on the attack.

How British is that back and forth! Well done.

I know reading these posts that I need to play more golf --home course or otherwise

Buck,

Reading back, I have just discovered that I'm clearly not the modern man I thought I was but actually a character from a Dickens novel.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 05:40:04 PM by Paul Gray »
In the places where golf cuts through pretension and elitism, it thrives and will continue to thrive because the simple virtues of the game and its attendant culture are allowed to be most apparent. - Tim Gavrich

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2014, 05:55:56 PM »
I guess you can take the young kid out of England but not that English out of the kid, good manners and all that ;)
Arguing with ones GCA club memebr would simply not be Cricket old boy ;)

Mark Johnson

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2014, 08:11:49 PM »
for me, during the season.

6 weekend 18 holes rounds at my home course with the same rotating cast of 8-10

2-3 after work nine hole rounds where I just show up and either get a game or play alone.   About half of these 9 hole rounds are really glorified practice, playing a couple balls, especially around the greens.

Mac Plumart

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2014, 09:36:59 PM »
How often can you play your home course before you get bored with it and crave a game somewhere else (or just stop playing for a while)?

I love to travel, but I could play my home course for the rest of my life and be very happy.  It is always a treat to play it when I return from any golf trip.
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2014, 10:26:25 PM »
I try to make every round special, like a special trip somewhere.   It's so easy to find joy all around you.  All you need to do it try. 

William_G

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2014, 12:53:28 AM »
golfers should have a home handicap and an away handicap
It's all about the golf!

Jon Cavalier

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2014, 01:37:37 AM »
I play just under 30% of my rounds at one of my home club's courses. The remainder are split about 20% at other local courses/clubs and 50% at courses during personal or work travel. I've found this to be a pretty typical ratio over several years. I also find myself playing my home course more often (gross and percentage-wise) in season.
Golf Photos via
Twitter: @linksgems
Instagram: @linksgems

Carl Johnson

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2014, 01:46:53 PM »
My favorite course by far.  Never boring.  Probably play 98 percent of my rounds there.

Garth Strohbehn

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2014, 03:22:21 PM »
Easily >75% and still being surprised every time. For me at least, I find it very hard to assess the nuts and bolts of my game in a changing environment

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back