News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Lou_Duran

Re: Buda Cup 2014 Highlights
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2014, 06:41:41 PM »
I hope the wine was an excellent vintage!   I was thinking more of a nice single malt, perhaps my favorite Balvenie Doublewood.  ;D

Amazing how fine the wine tastes when someone else is buying it.  And how quickly it is consumed.  We appreciated it, though a bigger stipend would have been more so.  Ol' Hickory Wilson did break out an excellent bottle of single malt at the house which he shared a bit too generously (last I heard he was heading back to Scotland to resupply).

Bryan Izatt

Re: Buda Cup 2014 Highlights
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2014, 01:02:34 AM »
Some more random images of Perranporth.  The scale of the place was enormous and very photogenic. 

The skyline 2nd green with two intrepid golfers.

The preceding foursome heading out on #3 with #5 coming back down on the right.  Enormous room to miss right on both holes.

Whitty about to embark on a search on the wrong side of #3.

An easy walk up to #3.

The 4th green is out there somewhere, although those guys look somewhat short.

Looking back up #5 with the follwing foursome descending.  Enormous scale and width. 

The nasty short uphill 6th.

Magnificent vistas looking across the 6th green.  (Except for the knobby knees.  ;D)

Devilish swale in front of the 7th green.

The 8th is downtown somewhere.  Did they use up the world supply of aiming markers on this course!?   ;D

Joe's good form on the 9th.

The 11th green where I hit a brilliant 7 iron to 15 feet below the flag after Tony's brilliant drive down the middle of the fairway only to find out we'd played the wrong ball.    ???

The aiming post on the 12th, where you can lose a ball hitting it over said post.

The 12th green.

Some golfers on the 14th tee.  Looks like a good place for a wind farm.   ;)

The 14th green looks daunting.

Who are those guys waiting up there?  Must be lunch time.  We're on the clock to finish.

The 17th green, I think. 

All in all a wild ride.  Not sure I'd want to play it every day, but it was some experience, even in the wind.  Sadly we didn't get to finish the second nine of the second round to cement a memory of those holes.  The siren song of the Pityme Pub beckoned too sweetly.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back